Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyesthruthelens

Deregistered
Sep 3, 2003
Sengkang
Visit site
Great thing does happen..
Google brought over PICASA SW and now it's free to download..
Best digital album for WIN XP..
Fast.. and very fast.. as compare to others..

download from here.. www.picasa.com :)

Eyesthruthelens said:
Great thing does happen..
Google brought over PICASA SW and now it's free to download..
Best digital album for WIN XP..
Fast.. and very fast.. as compare to others..

download from here.. www.picasa.com :)

is the software good ? thanks. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Seems like a very powerful programme. I think Irfanview just lost a loyal user.

Zonealarm tells me two programs try to access the internet after installation - Downloader.exe and Picasa.exe. I've blocked both.

I would say this is one of the most polished looking image viewers. It's timeline feature is handy and more importantly, it can do image editing (red-eye reduction, cropping etc).

Another plus point for me is that it is similar to iPhoto. Thus I don't feel confused when using an image viewer on Windows.

Good for thumbnail style of viewing and email to friends. But I was wondering why it is trying to access the net during loading. Anyway, my FW blocks it and it still works... spyware ?

Lensman said:
Good for thumbnail style of viewing and email to friends. But I was wondering why it is trying to access the net during loading. Anyway, my FW blocks it and it still works... spyware ?

Hard to say... nowadays every program tries to access the net to:
  • send out your information... AARGH spyware!
  • send out your computer's information... AARGH spyware!
  • check for updates... not that I want it either, newer version tend to be slower and take up more memory

Best to get a firewall, an anti-virus software and a spyware remover for safety nowadays... and slow down my PC :(

Looks like picasa grabs your email address and sends it to the company if you use outlook express. See here

great. this software is really well-written. I recommend everyone to give it a spin.

the timeline feature of picasa is amazing. I can find my pics much faster now. I never had so much fun browsing through my old pictures too.

gooseberry said:
Looks like picasa grabs your email address and sends it to the company if you use outlook express. See here

Install ZoneAlarm, and u can block any unauthorized outgoing and incoming network traffic.

RossChang said:
Install ZoneAlarm, and u can block any unauthorized outgoing and incoming network traffic.

Hehe.. yep I always recommend using a software firewall - though I've used ZoneAlarm in the past, had too many problems with it killing the connection after a while, it's probably fixed now, but once I switched to Outpost Firewall, never looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.