PICASA SW is now FREE to download


Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyesthruthelens

Deregistered
Sep 3, 2003
1,678
0
0
51
Sengkang
Visit site
Great thing does happen..
Google brought over PICASA SW and now it's free to download..
Best digital album for WIN XP..
Fast.. and very fast.. as compare to others..

download from here.. www.picasa.com :)
 

amlim

New Member
Aug 14, 2004
101
0
0
Eyesthruthelens said:
Great thing does happen..
Google brought over PICASA SW and now it's free to download..
Best digital album for WIN XP..
Fast.. and very fast.. as compare to others..

download from here.. www.picasa.com :)
is the software good ? thanks. :thumbsup:
 

StreetShooter

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,634
0
0
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
Thanks. Seems like a very powerful programme. I think Irfanview just lost a loyal user.

Zonealarm tells me two programs try to access the internet after installation - Downloader.exe and Picasa.exe. I've blocked both.
 

Xaler

New Member
Aug 1, 2004
241
0
0
42
Singapore
xaler.freeshell.org
I would say this is one of the most polished looking image viewers. It's timeline feature is handy and more importantly, it can do image editing (red-eye reduction, cropping etc).

Another plus point for me is that it is similar to iPhoto. Thus I don't feel confused when using an image viewer on Windows.
 

Lensman

New Member
Feb 12, 2002
903
0
0
50
Singapore & Hong Kong
Good for thumbnail style of viewing and email to friends. But I was wondering why it is trying to access the net during loading. Anyway, my FW blocks it and it still works... spyware ?
 

Xaler

New Member
Aug 1, 2004
241
0
0
42
Singapore
xaler.freeshell.org
Lensman said:
Good for thumbnail style of viewing and email to friends. But I was wondering why it is trying to access the net during loading. Anyway, my FW blocks it and it still works... spyware ?
Hard to say... nowadays every program tries to access the net to:
  • send out your information... AARGH spyware!
  • send out your computer's information... AARGH spyware!
  • check for updates... not that I want it either, newer version tend to be slower and take up more memory

Best to get a firewall, an anti-virus software and a spyware remover for safety nowadays... and slow down my PC :(
 

gooseberry

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2004
1,952
0
0
Central West
Looks like picasa grabs your email address and sends it to the company if you use outlook express. See here
 

chaotic

New Member
Feb 14, 2002
697
0
0
41
great. this software is really well-written. I recommend everyone to give it a spin.

the timeline feature of picasa is amazing. I can find my pics much faster now. I never had so much fun browsing through my old pictures too.
 

RossChang

New Member
May 2, 2004
1,549
0
0
rossblogspace.blogspot.com
gooseberry said:
Looks like picasa grabs your email address and sends it to the company if you use outlook express. See here
Install ZoneAlarm, and u can block any unauthorized outgoing and incoming network traffic.
 

gooseberry

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2004
1,952
0
0
Central West
RossChang said:
Install ZoneAlarm, and u can block any unauthorized outgoing and incoming network traffic.
Hehe.. yep I always recommend using a software firewall - though I've used ZoneAlarm in the past, had too many problems with it killing the connection after a while, it's probably fixed now, but once I switched to Outpost Firewall, never looked back.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.