Pic used by modelling company w/o prior knowledge - what to do?

Oshkosh

Jan 6, 2009
Hi, I just found out my pic was used by a modeling company "Mannequin Studio" w/o my knowledge. Anyone has any experience dealing with such issues?

My pic

4885146495_33fb051ac0.jpg

and website for the company -- see Alicja under foreign models.

http://www.mannequin.com.sg/

or see print screen - 1st row / 4th pic from right.

photo___by_iamosh-d33djkf.jpg

Thanks if you can share.

Last edited:
i suspect you posted in Clubsnap and they dl from here ?

cos this pic looks farmiliar to me . . . :think:

Go to the shop and ask for explanation or lodge a police report . . .

Last edited:

Lodge a police report?
Don't be silly! You think the police got not thing better to do?:D

You can always send them a bill and threaten to sue if they don't pay up.
However if they don't pay, is it worth suing them? You do your math. :think:

You can always send them a bill and threaten to sue if they don't pay up.
However if they don't pay, is it worth suing them? You do your math. :think:

It is worth it if you sue in small claims.

Or you pay a lawyer to write them a letter to cease and desist (aka take down the pic). Will cost you around 100-200.

Last edited:

Bro, police will ask you to find other ways to get this resolved.

Police only care about criminal offences not civil.

do it in Clubsnap style, go post a thread to find a "freelance" lawyer to write a letter of demand, tell the candidates this is good opportunity to practice their English, they can keep the letter for their "portfolio", and since you shoot models is not for profit, so the compensation is kopi talek plus roti plata.

please pay attention to the words in underline only.

Your model might have downloaded and gave it to them.

Do you have a Talent release/contract with the model or her agency?

What was the shot originally used for??

Last edited:
why don't you try sending an email to them requesting an explaination or take down the photo.

just write your own cease and desist letter of demand
and send via registered mail, give then a time frame to do or reply to you
if not done, then send an invoice to them and/or the model

Anyway, call them and ask them to remove it, they are reasonable people. (I personally find them nice)
Or you can ask your model to credit you in her comp card, some good exposure for you.

Last edited:
Hi thanks all for the advice. I am not thinking of going to the extent of sue/ lawyers letter. Have sent an email to them, indicating the ownership of the pic and requesting to remove. So far, haven't heard from them. But just to cx, a friend of mine gave his view:

"Actually if this is pursued, any pics of her posted by u in any web is also subjected to her objecting too"

Any truth to that remark? Given that it is a paid shoot. Model been given compensation and not a TFCD.

Hi thanks all for the advice. I am not thinking of going to the extent of sue/ lawyers letter. Have sent an email to them, indicating the ownership of the pic and requesting to remove. So far, haven't heard from them. But just to cx, a friend of mine gave his view:

"Actually if this is pursued, any pics of her posted by u in any web is also subjected to her objecting too"

Any truth to that remark? Given that it is a paid shoot. Model been given compensation and not a TFCD.

A model/Person can object the use of their photo unless you have a talent release/contract, even with that, unless it is a blanket "you can use it in anyway you want" kind of contract, if used out of context or scope of the contract, the model can object it's usage.

if ur staying in the fashion industry, try not to burn bridges with the agency?

A model/Person can object the use of their photo unless you have a talent release/contract, even with that, unless it is a blanket "you can use it in anyway you want" kind of contract, if used out of context or scope of the contract, the model can object it's usage.

noted. Thanks.

if ur staying in the fashion industry, try not to burn bridges with the agency?

Thanks for the advice. I intend not to pursue as well.

"Actually if this is pursued, any pics of her posted by u in any web is also subjected to her objecting too"Any truth to that remark? Given that it is a paid shoot. Model been given compensation and not a TFCD.

Obviously it works both ways what....brudder.

hi Oshkosh;

After a 2nd look at agency site, they also uses magazine cover page as their promote. e.g. Her world, Bazzar and Volume.

So i reckon they ready may not care about your request.