Phuket vs Langkawi

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertstrike

Sep 29, 2008
CCK
which one would you choose for ur holiday and why? :D

Langkawi FTW.

A lot of unknown in Thailand right now. Even the international airport can close shop.

phuket of course!

i was in langkawi for a week for a sailing regatta..and we were bored mindless! the only things we could do was drink, drink, and drink

phuket of course!

i was in langkawi for a week for a sailing regatta..and we were bored mindless! the only things we could do was drink, drink, and drink

woopeeeee...

phuket of course!

I agree! we were so bored that we drank and played scrabble, Big 2 at night.

Phuket. ;)
As I get the chance to do this. AK-47 anyone? :bsmilie:

Besides drinking,tanning, shopping,eating seafood, renting jeeps or motorbikes, shooting is one of the things to do over there. :thumbsup:

My uncles and dad encouraged me to have a go at the range cos i never went through NS so the range is my best chance of testing a pistol. However i was too weak to pull the trigger with one finger! :embrass:

Langkawi FTW.

A lot of unknown in Thailand right now. Even the international airport can close shop.

So if the airport closes, stay for a few more days, what is th big deal?

Btw, of course, Phuket if you want to have fun.

Time to get back to work after the holidays.

Many of the tourists weren't happy when the airport close shop and no other alternatives to go back home.

So if the airport closes, stay for a few more days, what is th big deal?

Btw, of course, Phuket if you want to have fun.

Last edited:
Phuket might be more "exotic" but Langkawi is a gem too.

Self drive is a breeze in a rented Wira for around RM120-140 (not including petrol) per day.
Easy to drive, easy to navigate and many eatery along the roads. Just stop anyway u want.

Check out their various "historical" sites, drive up their highest peak for the "Genting" experience and their huge eagle monument etc. Typical tourist sites but it is the things u do on a holiday.

You got to do the island hopping trip to visit the eagle sanctuary and swim in the "Pregnant Lady" island's fresh water lake in the middle of the sea! Rem the long lens for swooping eagles!:D

I would avoid Thailand for now imo

thanks for all the inputs, i will research further and post more specific questions and hope your would help again, thanks :)

Don't forget Boracay in Philippines. Awesome beach, S$1 San Miguels (even from Hotel room minibar), and lesser crowd.

phuket of course. better food and more entertaining. i think cheaper too.

oh, anyone can provide more info as to which hotel is recommendable and stuff? for phuket :p

Self drive is a breeze in a rented Wira for around RM120-140 (not including petrol) per day.
Easy to drive, easy to navigate and many eatery along the roads. Just stop anyway u want.

I was at Langkawi during June '08 and i rented Kancil for RM 40 per day only. Why would a Wira be RM120? :eek:

not been to langkawi.
been to phuket.
think phuket is far superior to langkawi as a tourist destination.

Good food, fun, shopping.
Want to go parasailing? Do it.
I don't think MLY hotel hospitality can beat Thai hotel hospitality.

(edited)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.