Phuket vs Langkawi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good food, fun, shopping.
Want to go parasailing? Do it.
I don't think MLY hotel hospitality can beat Thai hotel hospitality.
Phuket has more than one beach for you to explore.
And if you are into hedonistic adventure... well, they got that too. But of course you are not.

Phuket will definitely feel more international.
There are angmohs who frequent the place.
Some like it so much they open a pub and stay.

Oh, got Thai Teochew girls too.

which hotel do u recommend? :D

Phuket and Phi phi islands...

Don't need 5 star.
Do surf the two websites and get latest recommendations.
Cheap and good hotel will do.

if you want a cheaper alternative but more inconvenient..... Hua Hin.... quiet, not so many people and cheap(er)....

But getting there from Bangkok is a hassle. but once you are there, the 3 hour train ride/car ride/ bus ride is WELL worth it!

If you need more info abt the place can PM me.... I go there at least 4 times a year. :)

Phuket over Langkawi

1. More and better attractions. ie. Beach sites, off-island locations, town, Markets, etc
2. Slightly cheaper
3. Thai hospitality (M'sia, you get 'truly asia' attitude and poor maintenance :D )
4. Better food (personal), but I take on Thai food easily
5. More interesting and cheaper stuffs to buy (market produce, handicrafts, T-shirts, etc)
6. Better massages (not a like for me, but certainly very popular)

Last edited:
Phuket over Langkawi

1. More and better attractions. ie. Beach sites, off-island locations, town, Markets, etc
2. Slightly cheaper
3. Thai hospitality (M'sia, you get 'truly asia' attitude and poor maintenance :D )
4. Better food (personal), but I take on Thai food easily
5. More interesting and cheaper stuffs to buy (market produce, handicrafts, T-shirts, etc)
6. Better massages (not a like for me, but certainly very popular)

Not forgetting Bangla Street!!! ;):bsmilie:

im going to Langkawi this October. I have heard nothing but fantastic reviews until i stumbled into this thread. Odd.

I've already fell in love with the place before going. I'm sure there's tons to do. Perhaps my upcoming trip will let me decide.

But at the end of the day, it boils down to the purpose and intention of going there and your expectactions. Going there to laze at the beach, snorkelling, shopping, the food? The taste and preference is so varying. It's so hard to compare, I believe.

Last edited:
if you are going with family, consider Club Med (Phuket)

Status
Not open for further replies.