Phuket Recommendations Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need advise on how to get to Patong beach hotels from Airport... read a couple of threads on google-search and I am now confused.. :sweat:

Just came back from Phuket last week..took a cab. It was 650 baht.

5121020456_17cf7205da_b.jpg

hope it helps.

Last edited:
Most big hotels offer airport transfer. If you are on a budget, you can also take a mini van that will drop you off at your hotel. You will share this with other travelers and it will take a little longer depending on which hotel you stay at. It's pretty cheap and not a hassle.

You can find the counter at the airport after customs.

You do not need a GPS as the roads are very easy to navigate. Just don't get carried away looking at the scenery.

not too sure...5 max? sardine the back..haaa...bigger groups think gotta go with vans..

my group of 6 book a private car service from the airport to patong beach for 1000 baht.
it was a toyota landcruiser, damn big n comfortable....
pm me if u wan the email

Need advise on how to get to Patong beach hotels from Airport... read a couple of threads on google-search and I am now confused.. :sweat:

Just don't go during peak season. It's expensive from A to Z. I went there during mid Sept and all things there were cheap. Pirate Taxi service cost you 300baht from airport to Patong which is about an hour ride away. Alternatively you can rent a vehicle at the airport which cost you 700baht a day and there's no end to the beautiful places to visit. Patong is not the only beach to go. There're lots more. There the Bangpae waterfall which the locals go to as well.:cool:

pirate or private?

in a foreign land, i rather go private with some assurance than pirate...

pirate or private?

Sometimes in a foreign land, its difficult to tell whether its a pirate or private.:dunno:

pirate or private?

In Thailand, you can still be waylaid by real taxi drivers too. I remember watching the news there that there were 2 tourist being ambushed and robbed and their bodies were dumped in the forest.

Anyway...the pirate were licensed except that they are not affiliated with any taxi company. :cool:

Sometimes in a foreign land, its difficult to tell whether its a pirate or private.:dunno:

True...then again it's not Singapore. There's no diff between pirate or private except for the rates they charged. Anyhow, they won't harm a 89yo frail ah pek right? Sssshhh...don't tell them I only cash for shopping and eating. :cool:

You kerna slaughtered liao. I took pirate taxis which are charging only 300baht. They are safe, cheap and reliable. :cool:

300 baht!! :sweat: TOooot..........!! will take pirate next time im there...haaa..thanks.

300 baht!! :sweat: TOooot..........!! will take pirate next time im there...haaa..thanks.

The first time you go, you tend to take the "official" taxi like our Swan Taxis in Perth or the ComfortDelgro in Singapore. They will charge you official rates as published. Seasoned travelers like us who go there yearly will tend to take pirate taxis. Pirate taxis are actually enterprising individuals who use their own cars to fetch tourist from airport to hotels at a fixed rate. Most will charge around 300baht. Some will charge 500baht cos they use bigger cars like subaru wrx or legacy. In my last trip 2 months ago, the pirate taxi driver offered refreshments like mineral water and biscuits (this is his personalised service) to stand out from the crowd.:cool:

Yeah depend how many people. If 4 people can take cab, if less than that can take minibus-taxi, if more than 4, u may try to negotiate with some tour agency or take the minibus also.

Ahhh Phuket...home of the taxi mafia.
Unlike the rest of Thailand where metered taxis are extremely cheap,
getting around Phuket is a total rip-off.
Just budget for it.

Alternatively if you are staying around patong beach, you can try the local buses, which some actually resembles modified lorries. 20-25 bahts per person/trip to town if memory serves me right. Its slow but its cheap. :)

Hi Peeps!

I've booked my ticket to Phuket this Christmas and I have a good 4 days there! I would like to know if anyone can share some good itinerary and a land operator perhaps??? Heading there alone, so I'd prefer a guide/driver who can speaks English. :)

Thanks much! :)

this website tripadvisor offers the latest news and info on Phuket
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293920-i5037-Phuket.html
i always post my q&a there.

totake airport taxi yellow green color, turned right after exit , walked abt 50meters
you see a axi booth. pay the lady in the booth baht 100 booking fee
tell her your hotel name, she direct you to the taxi, make sure the driver use meter you
pay driver on arrival.

do not take the minibus baht 150/pax , the minibus operator will stop at a travel agency
along the way.

all pax will be asked ot alight, the tour agency staff will pressurise everyone to buy tours
or hotel accomodation , of course at a much higher price.

do not use the water jet ski at patong beach, however there are no problems with
jet ski operators at the other beaches
http://phuketwan.com/tourism/phuket-tourists-irked-jet-ski-extra-payment-13087/

not to frightened but better safe than sorry and ruin your holiday.
cheers

this website tripadvisor offers the latest news and info on Phuket
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293920-i5037-Phuket.html
i always post my q&a there.

totake airport taxi yellow green color, turned right after exit , walked abt 50meters
you see a axi booth. pay the lady in the booth baht 100 booking fee
tell her your hotel name, she direct you to the taxi, make sure the driver use meter you
pay driver on arrival.

do not take the minibus baht 150/pax , the minibus operator will stop at a travel agency
along the way.

all pax will be asked ot alight, the tour agency staff will pressurise everyone to buy tours
or hotel accomodation , of course at a much higher price.

do not use the water jet ski at patong beach, however there are no problems with
jet ski operators at the other beaches
http://phuketwan.com/tourism/phuket-tourists-irked-jet-ski-extra-payment-13087/

not to frightened but better safe than sorry and ruin your holiday.
cheers

Thanks for the great advice!!! I'm still doing my research! lol
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.