Phuket Private Villa Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

chao.monkey

Nov 2, 2006
Phuket_Private_Villa.jpg

Ok my first picture in Clubsnap. Alot of members here uses high end DSLR, mine is just a PnS cam. Canon 800 to be exact.

any comments on my picture? hope to improve my skill (even though its a Pns;p )

:)

Phuket_Private_Villa.jpg

Ok my first picture in Clubsnap. Alot of members here uses high end DSLR, mine is just a PnS cam. Canon 800 to be exact.

any comments on my picture? hope to improve my skill (even though its a Pns;p )

:)

Hello,

Beautiful pool you have here indeed. This kind of location is a dream for photographer and a lot of club med pictures are made with this kind of effects : Pool / Sea in the background.
You have many possibilities :

1) Consider the "pool" as the main subject, which apparently is your choice.
In that case, it can be accepted to push a little the color saturation in order to make the blue(s) ( Pool, sea, sky )more "punchy.
Also a good photo can insist on the forms ( here for instance the edge of the pool ).
Basically i try to ask myself :
are the forms interesting ( in that case we have sometimes to rethink the composition ) ?
Are the colors vivid ? A good recipe is ask yourself when taking the picture to avoid extreme photoshop manipulation.

2) Consider the pool as a background ( and put models in the pool ). In that case this is not architecture, but portraits or fashion. Here the technique appears more demanding and you will need a good diffuser in order to lessen the harsh effects of the bright daylight.
Meter lighting can be useful also.

3) More dramatic effects can be obtained during sunrise or sunsets. I personnaly admire the work of Pete Turner who was able to have very nice commercial shots with your kind of elements ( sea, pool etc ) during sunrise , particularly tricky for us because light deteriorates as the sun gets higher in the sky.
Regards

Nice scenery.

What is the cost to vacation in such a place?

photography is not about highend DSLR etc, those are just tool to capture the image you want.

Cut away the branch on the right hand side, it's distracting. and watch the tilted horizone. The sky seem a bit blank at that time.

Nice scene indeed.

personally i think it is a boring picture if u wanted to bring out the infinite pool. u can only tell it is an infinite pool cos of the 2 lines. the background is nothing to crow abt either.

My 2 cents: despite the nice scenery and posh location (I believe). The highlights of the sky are blown. Perhaps, a CPL would do some justice to the pic but then again it is a PnS.

Status
Not open for further replies.