Phuket Hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastwest

Sep 20, 2006
Have booked flights to Phuket for end of December (four nights) and need recommendations for hotels - want somewhere decent but not overly expensive. Prefer to be by the beach and have other places to eat nearby so as not to have to eat at the hotel. Some nightlife would be good but don't particularly want to be stuck in middle of Patong. Wife will need a gym or she'll go mad!

Would appreciate hearing from people with recent experiences of Phuket hotels to share. Thanks in advance.

Baan Thai? It's at Patong but away from the super busy areas. Walkable distance to the new shopping centre and have quite a lot of food nearby too. Can also consider hotels at Kata beach or Karon beach (lots of scandis go there I believe) which are quieter. U could rent a car too and drive around. The roads are easy to navigate.

US$100 - 150 per night

Have you already set your mind on Patong?

Considered Karon or Kata area? The beaches for these two are relatively uncluttered compared to Patong, and they are a short ride away if you really want to experience the nightlife in Patong.

US$150 per day is a lot to work with, I stayed at Kata for SGD$150 for 3 days.

You can check out asianrooms(dot)com for recommended accomodations and expected prices.

my recommendations will be sugar palm at kata, manathai at surin, ramada at karon. nice beach nice hotels. if u prefer resort style, then budget maybe blown but bundarika at layan is great with personal pool, yoga and taiji classes, jacuzzi.

try this hotel call Sunset beach hotel resort. A small 3 star hotel on Kalim beach. Very good room for families and Romantics. ;)

OT here but i recommend that u try Molly Malone Irish Pub at Patong beach.its a nice pub with live band;)

Thanks for all the useful advice, just checking the online booking agencies now.

this budget will get you 5 or 6 stars in Phuket ....:bsmilie:

No way - a lot of the high end hotels start at around US$400+ for this period as it's the high season. $100 - $150 will get 3 or 4 start max.

Dont go towards Patong, the food is good and the shopping is good, but the beach is pretty crap, its always completely packed. Karon and Kata beach are much better, pretty quiet. Soo a hotel around there would be good! The wife can go running on the beach or something! We stayed in the Baumanburi in the middle of patong, about 3 minutes walk from patong beach. It was dirt cheap, and if you get a deluxe room its great value for money, not 5 Star, but you've stayed in way worse accomdation. Its pretty great for the price, the service is good and its got a nice pool too. Just dont eat in the hotel. Walk about 5 minutes out and there are a countless number of local restaurants that serve fantastic food at a cheap price. Also, just outside the hotel is a motorbike hire place for about $10 SGD a day, or you can get a tuk tuk pretty easily to get to the other beaches.

royal paradise is convenient if u dun mind staying in patong and smack in the centre of sleaze central.

I heard that an earthquake just rumbuled, u sure you want to stay at a beach hotel?

Status
Not open for further replies.