Phua Chu Kang

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleece

Apr 5, 2009
East Coast
Hi, would like to share this photo I took at east coast park.
phuachukang.jpg

Hi, would like to share this photo I took at east coast park.

Hello, thank you for sharing your photo.
I think it is a good idea to focus your colour onto the boots to draw viewer's attention to them. And positioning is just right.
I feel that if you wanted to portray Mr PCK with his boots, then place them in an anatomically correct position, meaning, both of them either pointing outwards or forward, just like a person would normally stand. Otherwise looking at them in an awkward position in relation to each other it is difficult for the viewer to imagine him standing there.
My humble opinion only.

What is your story that you are telling the viewers, if I may ask?

Hi, thank you for your kind comments.

"Phua Chu Kang" title was a whimsical decision. The boots belong to a foreign worker resting under the shade, he probably was drying his boots. Photo can be classified as a candid shot?

My thoughts while taking this photo were a long and hard journey was taken, probably working quite hard (represented by the trail of grass and dirt), while now taking a much needed break in the shade (represented by the shadows in the lower right). I felt the position of the boots signifies being in a dilemma as to what direction to take moving forward into the next step of the journey and that only now while resting there is the opportunity to take time to slowly think about what exactly one wants.

haha dunno if this is too far-fetched...

i think TS meant it in a comical way la...
Yah.. yes, indeed.
Hi, thank you for your kind comments.

"Phua Chu Kang" title was a whimsical decision. The boots belong to a foreign worker resting under the shade, he probably was drying his boots. Photo can be classified as a candid shot?

My thoughts while taking this photo were a long and hard journey was taken, probably working quite hard (represented by the trail of grass and dirt), while now taking a much needed break in the shade (represented by the shadows in the lower right). I felt the position of the boots signifies being in a dilemma as to what direction to take moving forward into the next step of the journey and that only now while resting there is the opportunity to take time to slowly think about what exactly one wants.

haha dunno if this is too far-fetched...
You know, perhaps (haha...!) ask the foregin worker if you may adjust his boots a little to take a candid shot of it? Lolxx ... he would probably laughed his ass out!

:bsmilie: your thread title crack me up! nice one

Status
Not open for further replies.