Phototaking allowed in mrt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuffRuff

Jan 10, 2007
opp. East Coast Park
Is this allowed?
Actually many mrt stations got nice things to shoot... esp. if you're into abstracts or even architecture.

as far as i know, if you start shooting with a big camera inside a mrt station, you'll probably be stopped by the personnel working there.

of course unless you have permission from their authorities to do a shoot inside..

Yah, security is a big thing now :)

But a quick one or 2 snaps with a P&S probably won't attract too much attention. Just don't whip out your FF DSLR with tripod... :bsmilie:

Is this allowed?
Actually many mrt stations got nice things to shoot... esp. if you're into abstracts or even architecture.

so far i have not seen any signs that explicitly state no photography - only got no food/drinks, smoking, durian :bsmilie:

no one stop me so far..just shoot until they stop you. if they stop you, you can be nice guy and comply, or you could ask them to show you where it states cannot take photos ;p

so far i have not seen any signs that explicitly state no photography - only got no food/drinks, smoking, durian :bsmilie:

no one stop me so far..just shoot until they stop you. if they stop you, you can be nice guy and comply, or you could ask them to show you where it states cannot take photos ;p

maybe the camera will be confiscated :sweat:

I have seen photographers shooting fashion models on the MRT before and I have even shot a model on an 'MRT Ride' theme before. Some CSers have also done this theme. If nobody complains, you are quite safe.

as far as i know, if you start shooting with a big camera inside a mrt station, you'll probably be stopped by the personnel working there.

of course unless you have permission from their authorities to do a shoot inside..

i think they are stupid. Why so ? big camera, small camera and phone cameras are all CAMERAS ! there is no difference.. all are cameras

;)

I'm pretty sure snapping away with a small PNS or phone camera would be way more suspicious. I haven't heard about terrorists who don't try to be inconspicuous

I'm pretty sure snapping away with a small PNS or phone camera would be way more suspicious. I haven't heard about terrorists who don't try to be inconspicuous

which terrorist is stupid enough to set up tripod and mount a DSLR with a zoom lens inside mrt ?

If you want to take photo, get a friend to pretend to be the subject and stand in the general direction of what you want to take, then you snap away in that direction. Anyone watching will think you are a tourist taking pictures of your friend.

If you want to take photo, get a friend to pretend to be the subject and stand in the general direction of what you want to take, then you snap away in that direction. Anyone watching will think you are a tourist taking pictures of your friend.

cant agree more tourist snap almost anything. i do d same when i on holiday! :lovegrin:

Think PnS and camera phones are quite acceptable to the security but that's what the terrorists are going to use. Don't they realised that no terrorist would want to be seen snapping away with big setups like what bro raincool2005 mentioned? Just to share, I was at City Hall one Sat morning waiting for a friend and saw a couple of foreigners (Philipino & Bangladeshi) taking photos in the station control area using their PnS and some students playing and taking pictures with their camera phones, the security did not bother them. Then 2 guys came with a small (consumer size) video cam and 1 guy was filming another walking through the underpass area and the security picked that up quite quickly and followed them to see what they were taking until they went to the City Link BreadTalk area. :dunno:

ya u r right, sometimes I question their mentality.

Eh...hehe you are talking about a nation where just because some irrate idiots stick or dispose of their bumble gum inconsiderately....and we end up getting a total ban on bumble gum for at least the last decade if not more.

We love to use big hammer to knock tiny nails.....translation: Kaisu-Kiasi.

If I were a terrorist and I want to take picture to plan my attack...the most common cheap digital camera would be more then enough. How much more sharp or polarise or use of DSLR would I really need. heheh. I am not angry about it but I am very paisey for our authority...all the advance studies and recruiting all the so call best brains ....this is what we get. Okay maybe I am ranting abit more than I should...but that is the truth. Thus far I have never been stopped shooting at MRT stations.

theory but not practical.

Which terrorist is stupid enough to use DSLR to shoot while a handphone camera is a better tool and easier to disguise. Make you wonder what's the mentality of the personnels who set such rules :dunno:

Which terrorist is stupid enough to use DSLR to shoot while a handphone camera is a better tool and easier to disguise. Make you wonder what's the mentality of the personnels who set such rules :dunno:

I.e. never think properly... aka almost brainless...

This topic was discussed before, and some people tried to assert that it is illegal to shoot on the MRT :)

The color of your skin sometimes plays a role too.

I have seen tourists shooting either in still or video, none of the security forces stops them. But if it is a local, then it is another story. I wonder why? :dunno:

Behave like a tourist, shouldnt be any problems. You cant blame them for doing their job right? Imagine arguing with the stn people about letting you take that low light long exposure shot, they wont understand from your point of view that it's art. :bsmilie:

The thing is I don't think the higher authorities actually made such rules as "stop those with big cameras, small cameras are fine". They probably set the rule (or maybe did not even have a hard and fast rule) to stop photo-taking or filming activities. Then, its the lazy security guard who decides to filter and only stop those with big cameras. Come on, how educated do you think security guards are? PSLE is more than sufficient for them to get the job... probably if you're big, don't even need PSLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.