Phototaking allowed in mrt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a photograph a building does not infringe copyright in that building. These guards need reeducation by their manageemnt.

It's not a legal or criminal offence by shooting a building (with camera, not gun! :bsmilie: ) outside of it's property plot boundary. UNLESS it's a designated Protected Area / Place. :) You shoot, the owner can't do anything.

That's the point I've been trying to make since so many months/years ago.

That's the point I've been trying to make since so many months/years ago.

The copyright thingy is crap too. Kit, eikin? What is considered an infringment of architectural copyright? I don't believe taking photos of a work will infringe the copyright.

Anyway copyright is to the architect, DP Architects and Michael Wilford Associates, not by the owner or tenant.

Don't have to believe or not believe, it is clearly legislated that taking a photo of a building does not infringe the copyright in teh building.

As for ownership of copyright, we may not know that the architects may have assigend copyright after the building is sold to the current owner, so i wont' realyl go down that line as a defence.

The copyright thingy is crap too. Kit, eikin? What is considered an infringment of architectural copyright? I don't believe taking photos of a work will infringe the copyright.

Anyway copyright is to the architect, DP Architects and Michael Wilford Associates, not by the owner or tenant.

Yeah the copyright thingy sounded like some crap excuse to me, they only explained latere that shooting is forbidden due to security reasons. Well I see no harm explaining that upfront rather than coming up with such a lame excuse. Would have been a straight forward explaination.

Yeah the copyright thingy sounded like some crap excuse to me, they only explained latere that shooting is forbidden due to security reasons. Well I see no harm explaining that upfront rather than coming up with such a lame excuse. Would have been a straight forward explaination.

Think that person was just lazy to explain. "Copyright" is just one word while to explain takes a lot more thinking and effort.
Also, he probably thought that everyone else has the same IQ and ignorance as him to be able to be turned away with a lame reason like this. :sweat:

just wanna share a small experience..

i took out my nikon and started taking for almost 20mins at the tracks until i got stopped by a NEL staff to caution me dun fall into the track!

haha

i took out my nikon and started taking for almost 20mins at the tracks until i got stopped by a NEL staff to caution me dun fall into the track!

haha

Well at least he/she was "concerned" about your safety :bsmilie:

haha

Isn't NEL entirely underground with doors? How to fall onto the track?

Status
Not open for further replies.