Photostitch A40

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbchoong

Apr 1, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
I love this photostitching thing. Can't even tell there was stitching done.

Here's a pic of Singapore taken with my Canon A40.

Believe it or not, it's the whole of Singapore in this shot (east view)!!

North is on the extreme left (Punggol/Johor), south is extreme right (OUB/UOB, etc).

Sorry for the extremely wide shot.

;)

s001_020424Full.jpg

Nope, handheld. Reason is because my balcony has iron grill. I had to stick camera out of the grill and slowly pan around to take this shot. Made up of 9 individual shots.

;)

Originally posted by copland
did you use a tripod?

Originally posted by dbchoong
Nope, handheld. Reason is because my balcony has iron grill. I had to stick camera out of the grill and slowly pan around to take this shot. Made up of 9 individual shots.

;)

no tripod? that is pretty impressive. at least I think it is... I still have not try that function on my A40 yet.

so how many A40 owner stay in Bishan huh?
1)PsychoBoy
2)dbchoong
3)copland also right?

Originally posted by PsychoBoy

no tripod? that is pretty impressive. at least I think it is... I still have not try that function on my A40 yet.

so how many A40 owner stay in Bishan huh?
1)PsychoBoy
2)dbchoong
3)copland also right?

Yes, I stay in bishan. cwloo too but I am not sure whether he decided to get the A40.

Originally posted by copland

Yes, I stay in bishan. cwloo too but I am not sure whether he decided to get the A40.

someone mention my name ? haa haa .. yes, I might get A40 .. it's the best choice at the moment. Unless in the next 2 weeks canon/Olympus/nikon annource a new model .. ;)

Not bad. I have yet to try the stitching. Seems interesting. Considering that a tripod wasn't used, not bad at all! And...your balcony does have a good view. :D Out my room, I can only see the other block in my estate...and see highway...that's all...arghh...no beautiful view. :rolleyes:

how the stitching function works? easy for beginners? I am considering to purchase A40, must say that your photo looks really cool :D

Photostitching is absolutely easy. The photo you see posted is produced after owning the A40 for a couple of days.

Switch to photostitch mode on camera. Take first photo. The camera's LCD will show part of the pic. You take next pic by aligning the side of previous pic with new pic.

After all that, download pics into PC, run Photostitch software and select the pictures. And voila !!

;)

Originally posted by mlwang
how the stitching function works? easy for beginners? I am considering to purchase A40, must say that your photo looks really cool :D

This is real real cool :) thanks for sharing the info

Originally posted by dbchoong
Photostitching is absolutely easy. The photo you see posted is produced after owning the A40 for a couple of days.

Switch to photostitch mode on camera. Take first photo. The camera's LCD will show part of the pic. You take next pic by aligning the side of previous pic with new pic.

After all that, download pics into PC, run Photostitch software and select the pictures. And voila !!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.