Photosphere Gathering - Haida ND Filters, Panosaurus 2.0 setup 19th May Sunday

Photosphere

May 3, 2013
Singapore
If you are interested to know more about the Haida ND Filters (3/6/10 stops), CPL, Panosaurus 2.0, please join us for our shoot on 19th May Sunday. Please note the change in venue.

Venue : The Promontory @ Marina Bay (Map / Link)
Time : 6.20 am

You can indicate your interest here, or alternatively you can PM us and inform us of your attendance.
Feel free to bring your gear (let us know as well what you use in advance).

See you on Sunday!
Team Photosphere

Last edited:
Please note the change in Venue. It's probably a better angle for a sunrise. ;-)

We can head down to the esplanade side later in the morning if you are game for it.

I will try to make it there to try out the Panosaurus!

Without filter
iemji8.jpg

ISO: 100, 17mm, f8, 1/4s

With Haida filter (ND64 - 6 stops)
33jtvo7.jpg

ISO: 100, 17mm, f8, 15s

Retouched: Lightroom - Increased exposure, clarity, highlights slightly.
Note: For comparison purposes, the above shot was captured and post processed to be as similar as possible.

Pros:
Vignetting - Not that I can see
Color cast - Slightly blue-ish but very minimum.
Sharpness - Very little/no degration, not visible to naked eye. Unless you zoom in 10 times and go pixel by pixel then be able to spot the difference
Light leak - None

Cons:
Very slim and can be hard to remove at times so have to be rather careful and delicate while removing. In consideration that it is suitable for UWA so it negates the downside of it.

Overall:
Haida ND filter is really good and value for money - bang for the buck. So if you are considering about buying ND filters, look no further and give Haida ND filter a try.

Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated to Photosphere and this review is done purely for reference and information sake.