Photoshop World 2009 - stuck up response!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sojourn88

May 9, 2003
Bukit Panjang
I have joined one of the group registration and the Adobe Photoshop World 2009 event organiser M.I.C.E Matters Pte Ltd has emailed me a tax invoice which has all the participants names, and the group/school "clubsnap".

As I am able to do a claim from my company for participating in this event , I have asked the orgainiser to give me a separate tax invoice, indicating just my name and removing the group/school info.

The response given is totally less than satisfactory. The event orgainiser said no, the tax invoice is generated by the system, and they cannot do anything.
I responded for them to edit it manually and not be slaves to the system. The event organiser called me on the phone and said that yes they are slaves to the system...
Can you all imagine this is the kind of customer service level that Singapore has?!! my god!

Maybe they can't risk generating one for you.

What is a tax invoice

A tax invoice is an important document for GST purposes as it is the primary evidence to support an input tax claim. It contains information on what is being sold and the respective GST charged and can be used to replace a normal invoice.

Tax invoices must be retained for at least five years as part of a GST registered trader's business records. Note that tax invoices are not required to be submitted along with your GST returns.

Source : http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=826

I think they are not stuck up they told you already they can't do it. Why you need ro tell them don't be a slave of the system?
Sometimes they got their own policy to follow. Once they say no means no.. Do you expect them to bear the consequences for not obeying the policy just for you?
Sometimes you need to think first before you say some thing. I mean that's what the brain fo right?

Cheers.

I have joined one of the group registration and the Adobe Photoshop World 2009 event organiser M.I.C.E Matters Pte Ltd has emailed me a tax invoice which has all the participants names, and the group/school "clubsnap".

As I am able to do a claim from my company for participating in this event , I have asked the orgainiser to give me a separate tax invoice, indicating just my name and removing the group/school info.

The response given is totally less than satisfactory. The event orgainiser said no, the tax invoice is generated by the system, and they cannot do anything.
I responded for them to edit it manually and not be slaves to the system. The event organiser called me on the phone and said that yes they are slaves to the system...
Can you all imagine this is the kind of customer service level that Singapore has?!! my god!
If you want to claim it back later on, why in the first place did you register as a group?

Alternatively, can you just not register again as an individual, OR under your companies name if you want to claim back?

HS

This has nothing to do with Singapore. Don't make the wrong association.

Companies are free to make decisions about how to respond to customers without considering Singapore's interest.

customers always request this and that on the invoice, n yes invoice can be amended as long as it's within boundary n not cheat on the amount etc. Just delete away the word "clubsnap" or what is no big deal. they are really stuck up .. nvr encounter such bad answer..

Hi sojourn88,

I understand your trustration when dealing with the mentioned issues. :sweat:

Many confrontation causes by two parties who have different work approaches.

Before we make any decision to engage a payment, it is advisable to confirm with the authority whether a special request, e.g. issue a separated invoice, can accepted.

I am sorry for this and will check with all delegates for any special request unfront of the payment in future. :p

I thank you for the understanding of it.

Cheers,
madgod

Status
Not open for further replies.