Photoshop Tutorial 02# Fixing Skin Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiaung

Well folks, hope you enjoy this tutorial.

This 60 degree rule (or some know it as 45 degree rule) is not something really new. But I guess it could be useful for some of us, so I decide to share it with you... so let me know if there's any room of improvement. You can download the Beginning file from http://www.deviantart.com/view/17463039/

(Edited: Replaced with the corrected version.)

hi,waiaung are you a pro(full time) or commercial photographer?

Flattening part, I shall leave it to your own decision. Some people want to keep it as a PSD file, so that they can go back and change it. I prefer it that way too, for leaving it as PSD file. I dont really encourage flattening the pictures unless you want a JPEG file for uploading, etc.

for 60 Degree rule... yes it is the tone for the general skin colours. Normally its between 45~60 degree depending on the lightings as well.

Me? You can consider me as a n00b in photography. I've just got my first baby DSLR in Feb 2005, and started shooting like crazy...lol... Im a Multimedia Student... doing my Degree in NAFA. Photography is my hobbie.

waiaung said:
Me? You can consider me as a n00b in photography. I've just got my first baby DSLR in Feb 2005, and started shooting like crazy...lol... Im a Multimedia Student... doing my Degree in NAFA. Photography is my hobbie.

very good, this shows a point in my previous thread the profession or commercial photographers would not share their tips or tricks. thanks for sharing and well done!

waiaung said:

very good, this shows a point in my previous thread the profession or commercial photographers owould not share their tips or tricks, only passionate photographers will. thanks for sharing and well done!

excellent ...
looking forward for more skills and techniques from you

like tat can save $ to buy books .. :cool:

waiaung said:
Flattening part, I shall leave it to your own decision. Some people want to keep it as a PSD file, so that they can go back and change it. I prefer it that way too, for leaving it as PSD file. I dont really encourage flattening the pictures unless you want a JPEG file for uploading, etc.

for 60 Degree rule... yes it is the tone for the general skin colours. Normally its between 45~60 degree depending on the lightings as well.

another :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for the expert, save me a lot of reading, concise and straight to the point. ;)

Waiaung, incase if you r working on your 3rd tutorial, I wonder would it be better to continue on this thread? as some of us has email notification activated, we won't miss your subsequent tutorials.

BTW, does Degree in NAFA also teach phototgraphy too??

just my 2 cents

mental note to self:
"save this jpeg once i get home"

thanks man... :)

jeffhiew said:
another :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for the expert, save me a lot of reading, concise and straight to the point. ;)

Waiaung, incase if you r working on your 3rd tutorial, I wonder would it be better to continue on this thread? as some of us has email notification activated, we won't miss your subsequent tutorials.

BTW, does Degree in NAFA also teach phototgraphy too??

just my 2 cents

Thanks for the suggestion.:light:
Most probably, I would leave a note in this thread whenever I post new tutorials, so I can put my tutorials under appropriate Title, as well as to inform everyone of you, those subscribe this thread...

My Degree in NAFA doesnt not teach about photography. But there are courses about Photography in our school, and I saw the Photography studio, and Photography dark rooms around...

waiaung said:
Thanks for the suggestion.:light:
Most probably, I would leave a note in this thread whenever I post new tutorials, so I can put my tutorials under appropriate Title, as well as to inform everyone of you, those subscribe this thread...

My Degree in NAFA doesnt not teach about photography. But there are courses about Photography in our school, and I saw the Photography studio, and Photography dark rooms around...

no problem, will go along with your suggestion.

But where did you pick up all these skills in photoshop? is photoshop taught in your degree?

OMG said:
very good, this shows a point in my previous thread the profession or commercial photographers would not share their tips or tricks. thanks for sharing and well done!

You sound so darm pro but still not a single post of your photo. We all still waiting for your masterpiece or your work so that we can learn from you.

:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

OMG said:
very good, this shows a point in my previous thread the profession or commercial photographers owould not share their tips or tricks, only passionate photographers will. thanks for sharing and well done!

You sound so darm pro but still not a single post of your photo. We all still waiting for your masterpiece or your work so that we can learn from you.

:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

waiaung :thumbsup: tks for sharing ;)

thanks for the tips....very useful for newbies.....keep up with great ideas....:)

very great a useful way for repair work.

get things done right the first time, and you don't need to do it again, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.