Photoshop tips for green-ish effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwinjaury

Mar 3, 2006
hii there.. im a newbie here, wanna get some tips from the seniors ;)

does anyone know how to achieve this kind of colour tone??

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tommyoshima/290319208/in/set-72157594568455334/

it looks green-ish, but not quite. How to achieve this using photoshop? I've tried tweaking saturation on different colours, but doesnt seem to work.

Is this achievable without photoshop (ie. using only a DSLR without post processing)?? Looks like this dude was using a special film with film camera.

thankss for the help!

hii there.. im a newbie here, wanna get some tips from the seniors ;)

does anyone know how to achieve this kind of colour tone??

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tommyoshima/290319208/in/set-72157594568455334/

it looks green-ish, but not quite. How to achieve this using photoshop? I've tried tweaking saturation on different colours, but doesnt seem to work.

Is this achievable without photoshop (ie. using only a DSLR without post processing)?? Looks like this dude was using a special film with film camera.

thankss for the help!

Hi!

There are a couple of things to note about tweaking colors in ps:

1. the basic color palette of the image must be just right for color tweaking. some pictures have a color palette that is so extreme that it's difficult to tweak. in this picture, the green hue is largely due to the florescent lights. the film mentioned is likely a high contrast daylight balanced film, it's likely this type of feel can be reproduced on digital, but it's time consuming.
2. color tweaks can be done primarily through the 'curves' or 'channel mixer'
3. for 'curves', try pulling the individual color curves slightly to see the effect. google photoshop curves, you'll see quite a few examples on how to do this.
4. channel mixer enables you to change color on specific colors without affecting the rest of the picture.

best
wes

try adjusting the contrast, mainly at the highlights and shadows, using curves... then add a solid color layer with a dark cyan colour and change the layer blending to "color burn" and opacity around 25%...

here's a try... but subject of image not really similar so the effect looks a bit different...

original
theRunners.jpg

adjusted
theRunnersAdjusted.jpg

try shooting in raw, and change the white balance and tint.. in certain situations it will work... coz sometimes when i use auto white balance adobe camera raw gives me green looking people.....

it works!! :D

thanks for the tips!

the photoshop trick

haven't tried that white balance.. but it make sense doing that with white balance tho :)

Its called cross-processing. For film, its done using chemicals meant for different types of film. Google it and you should be able to find out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.