Photoshop Scratch disk help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

+evenstar

I've got an error message when I tried to crop some images:
"Your action cannot be complete because the scratch disks are full."

Can anyone advise me on what to do? Apparently my harddisk is used as the scratch disk and it still has 21GB of space left. Other functions are working fine, only the crop function...:confused: :confused:

Try a reboot?

scratch disks is actually disk space reserved for scratch or temporary file storage. some people call it virtual memory. u can adjust the size of the hard disk allocated to virtual memory/scratch memory by clicking my computer, then "view system information", advanced tab, performance. at the bottom you will see virtual memory settings.
if its full, most likely a restart of the computer will fix it. if it does not then i think u need to defrag ur hard disk (as recommended, i defrag once a week)

Bryan831 said:
scratch disks is actually disk space reserved for scratch or temporary file storage. some people call it virtual memory. u can adjust the size of the hard disk allocated to virtual memory/scratch memory by clicking my computer, then "view system information", advanced tab, performance. at the bottom you will see virtual memory settings.
if its full, most likely a restart of the computer will fix it. if it does not then i think u need to defrag ur hard disk (as recommended, i defrag once a week)
Maybe because I used FreeRAM XP pro to disable executive paging that causes the problem?

I'm uninstalling and re-installing Photoshop, and reverting all my virtual memory settings...(1GB allocation). Hopefully it can work..

n0d3: I restarted 3 times, still no use..

Hmmm, by right if you've set your scratch disk to your main HDD there shouldn't be any problem although they don't recommend you putting it on the same drive but you're on a laptop so no choice. Puzzling, can try looking at this page, not sure whether it'll help:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00DYQK

n0d3 said:
Hmmm, by right if you've set your scratch disk to your main HDD there shouldn't be any problem although they don't recommend you putting it on the same drive but you're on a laptop so no choice. Puzzling, can try looking at this page, not sure whether it'll help:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00DYQK
Thanks for the prompt responses!!

Program has been reinstalled and works perfect now..

The only quirky problem I have with Photoshop recently is a "Yadyada error has occured" so I have to relaunch it while holding down Ctrl-Alt-Shift to reset the settings.

I had problem NOW... on my Mac... i tried cropping at 3008px by 2000px at 72dpi, it show me the error... when i set to 8in by 12in at 300dpi, which is 2400px by 3600px at 300dpi, it works....

I gave up until when i upgrade my hard disk to 80gb... in the mean time, will be using later...

normally when that happens, i do a purge..

Status
Not open for further replies.