Photoshop retouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergmax

Jun 12, 2008
Hi all,

Does anyone how where to find free online VIDEO tutorials or really good tutorials that teaches any of the below skills:

1) Removing glare from glass
e.g. people wearing glasses or indoor window reflections when using flashlight

2) Removal of unwanted objects from photos (Not using clone method)
e.g. removeing people that block beautiful scenery

3) Color enhancement (Using only Histogram or curves functions)
note: there are many tutorials show on web but so far cant really see a good one (pls recommend the best u have seen.

I have tried www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Photoshop but cant find solutions for 1) and 2)

Thanks inadvanced...

u need to really touch up quite abit on this... since the "color data" is already blocked by the glare, u will need to create ur own. Its not as simple as increasing saturation or so, u really need to create those details back.
same as the above if the object is really huge.
note: there are many tutorials show on web but so far cant really see a good one (pls recommend the best u have seen.
I think that depends really a lot on what type of enhancement u looking at...

Last edited:
Thanks ExplorerZ. u know anyone in CS that is expert in this area?

Hi all,

Does anyone how where to find free online VIDEO tutorials or really good tutorials that teaches any of the below skills:

I have tried www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Photoshop but cant find solutions for 1) and 2)

Thanks inadvanced...
without cloning, how do you make up the part of image being block?

Hi all, other than using clone, i hear that photoshop has a function that can seperate the image into many different layers.from there,we can delete the unwanted layer and the rest remain the same.have any of u hear that b4?:):)

Hi all, other than using clone, i hear that photoshop has a function that can seperate the image into many different layers.from there,we can delete the unwanted layer and the rest remain the same.have any of u hear that b4?:):)

...........hmm separate into different layers?
never heard:sweat:

:light: all i wanted to say...
how about just cut out the people, see what is behind the people??

For 1 & 2, there is no magic way/tool/filter to do it.

Just have to do it manually using the usual bunch of clone and healing tools. Although if you ask me these problems should have been corrected during the shoot itself.

Here's an example of removing an unwanted object that I did recently.

2800837882_5cf95d144b.jpg

before

2799990041_5c38a3a63e.jpg

after

2799989369_1776f638f3.jpg

final with bike added in

You can see the rest of the steps here.

Just have to do it manually using the usual bunch of clone and healing tools. Although if you ask me these problems should have been corrected during the shoot itself.

2800837882_5cf95d144b.jpg

before

2799990041_5c38a3a63e.jpg

after

2799989369_1776f638f3.jpg

final with bike added in

nice!pretty well done:thumbsup:

before

after

final with bike added in

very well done, but this would not be possible if he is trying to get back an "eye" that is blocked by reflection hotspot on the object specs unless the hotspot is really small or under the hand of a master in photoshop manipulation.

Last edited:
very well done, but this would not be possible if he is trying to get back an "eye" that is blocked by reflection hotspot on the object specs unless the hotspot is really small or under the hand of a master in photoshop manipulation.

Well not IMPOSSIBLE but difficult, if you had shot a series of photos of the person, you can use a photo where there was no reflection, then copy that over and merge it into place.

Alternatively and usually as a last resort, you can try flipping the existing eye that does not have the reflection over to replace the eye that is "missing". The perspective might be wrong but some airbrushing here and there should resolve it.

Both techniques I believe I have tried before, but it takes a lot of massaging to get it to look "OKAY".

That's why like I said, these issues should have been resolved during the photoshoot, not after. :)

wah! so good, what camera you use? so cool, can shoot a image with multiple layers!! :bigeyes:

Thanks ExplorerZ. u know anyone in CS that is expert in this area?

hi, just post the image here then i might be able to tell you the steps.

try reference books from the library that u can get ur hands on. some of the books come wif DVD tat has tutorial video in it. at least that's how i got started.

and a lot of patience is a must too. u can sit in front of a comp for >1hr just to edit 1 photo. :(
here's my eg:

DSCF5421.jpg

DSCF5421copy.jpg

of cos the latter has been photoshop-ed quite a fair bit....

Dear all,to let everyone have an clearer image,i have added in sample images to make my explanation clearer.

If any of u know how to answer the below questions using photshop 7 or photoshop CS3,pls pls pls,show mi the step by step guide..hehe..

If possible,can show the end result after retouch?

eg. how to remove the reflection on the left glass and the relfection on his right shoudler?
2852479292_e325c2021d_m.jpg

e.g. how to remove the person on the left and restore the original background?
2851673217_6d03e9496d_m.jpg

e.g. how to enhance the color near the roof top.It is very fade - almost like washout
2851679793_2d69415048_m.jpg

Just to answer your no.2 qn.

There is NO single photoshop function that can easily remove that person.

Unless in the hands of a skilled DI artist, who will then 'place' back the hidden areas.
Extensive work which will involve 'cut/paste, cloning,masking,etc whole arrays of tools.
To make sure that lighting, shadows, reflection looks right, boxes not too repetitive,etc.
Not a quick job if wants to be done well.

Comeon, you couldnt possibly be serious abt being able to auto separate an image into layers....unless you mistook someone as talking about channels?...something like that?..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.