Photoshop question- HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

block306

Feb 13, 2003
Serangoon
Visit site
I have these icons/symbols appearing in my Photoshop files workspace recently. I could not locate the cause or know what they are. It is located at the top left corner of my files, please see example.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/73198097/75821777rhBYlo

Can anyone please help to explain what they are & how to remove them. Thanks.

:confused:

Hi Ynot: great -thanks.

Another question, maybe? I have created panoramas by stitching a few photos. The result was good except for non-contguity in the colour transition. I mean the colour shades do not merge into one another. Again, eg:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/73198097/75008984JQyDnC

Is there any technique that can suggest to alleviate this problem? Thanks.

before you merge your layers, try to play with the Level and the curve. not much can be done except some detail editing if the images are not in the same shades of colours. good luck and have fun..

For stitching panoramas manually, place the different photos on separate layers. Tweak the colours individually until you get them to match as best as you can. You can use the colour sampler to measure the actual RGB values of patches where the colour is supposed to be continuos. Pull the levels or curves in each layer so that the RGB in the transition areas are as matching as possible.

Here are 2 panorama's I have stitched manually using PS. They are the same scene taken 1 year apart. The first was taken last year in Mar, the second was taken in Apr this year.

I printed them at 8 inches by 40 inches and have already managed to sell 10 copies total.

aaf.jpg

aag.jpg

Hi Ynot,

I am still getting those symbols on all the files. I jave to Ctrl H to hide it each time. Can I set that as a default or someway to hide it?

Originally posted by block306
Hi Ynot,

I am still getting those symbols on all the files. I jave to Ctrl H to hide it each time. Can I set that as a default or someway to hide it?

Those symbols are just PS's indication. They are not part of the image. Don't have to be too worried.

the only thing while the slice indication is on that will effect your PS procedure is images intend to snap on it. Nothing will go wrong with the images.

Originally posted by block306
Hi Ynot: great -thanks.

Another question, maybe? I have created panoramas by stitching a few photos. The result was good except for non-contguity in the colour transition. I mean the colour shades do not merge into one another.

are these 2 photos taken with the same exposure settings? if i am i am taking photos to be stitch together , i will activate my Exposure lock function...AE_lock.. so that the shots will use the same exposure settings.

this would prevent too much of a color change between the shots for the same area... (like the sky in yr shot)

Originally posted by roygoh
Here are 2 panorama's I have stitched manually using PS. I printed them at 8 inches by 40 inches and have already managed to sell 10 copies total.

impressive shots!

hmm where do u sell them??

Status
Not open for further replies.