Photoshop printing options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystix

Jan 18, 2002
Planet Earth
Visit site
I'm trying to use a canon s600 to print a photo on canon's photo paper pro. (101.6mm x 152.4mm)
right now i'm not sure as to whether i should resize(scale down from 2272x1514) my image to the paper's dimensions and print or should i juz use photoshop's scale to fit media option under its print options to print?
if i need to manually resize my image wats the closest dimension i can resize to fit the paper? enter exactly 101.6x152.4?

first time printing myself so pls advice thanks.

Originally posted by Mystix
I'm trying to use a canon s600 to print a photo on canon's photo paper pro. (101.6mm x 152.4mm)
right now i'm not sure as to whether i should resize(scale down from 2272x1514) my image to the paper's dimensions and print or should i juz use photoshop's scale to fit media option under its print options to print?
if i need to manually resize my image wats the closest dimension i can resize to fit the paper? enter exactly 101.6x152.4?

first time printing myself so pls advice thanks.

you don't have to resize your image in terms of pixels, just resize it in terms of print size. I believe there are 2 sections on resize, the bottom one is for the print. Decreasing print size will increase the dpi, cos the number of pixels remain constant, so all the better for printing. The s600 cannot do borderless prints right? Then make sure you resize to smaller than the paper size such that you won't lose the edges of your pic. How much smaller will depend on your printer, trial and error I guess.

Or maybe the photoshop's scale to media option will help, I don't know, never tried that before.

Originally posted by Tweek

you don't have to resize your image in terms of pixels, just resize it in terms of print size. I believe there are 2 sections on resize, the bottom one is for the print. Decreasing print size will increase the dpi, cos the number of pixels remain constant, so all the better for printing. The s600 cannot do borderless prints right? Then make sure you resize to smaller than the paper size such that you won't lose the edges of your pic. How much smaller will depend on your printer, trial and error I guess.

Or maybe the photoshop's scale to media option will help, I don't know, never tried that before.

Just a question.

How to resize in terms of pixels and print size?

thanks for the reply tweek. :)
anyway i got it to print out with the correct dimensions but i noticed that the colors were darker and not the same from the monitor.
i know this question has been asked alot of times but how do i get the colors to match? i've already saved the file in sRGB IEC61966.21 profile and when i print i selected same as source for the print space profile.
i've calibrated my monitor with adobe gamma b4 too.
is it really necessary to get something like the wat spyder calibrating device in order to get the colors to match?

Easiest way to print photos : Use a software like QImage Pro. It handles everything for you, even interpolating if necessary if you print your images BIG and there's not enough resolution.

Prints tend to turn out darker than on your monitor. Not unusual - your monitor shows you images via transmitted light, where prints rely on reflected light.

I don't think you should be using the monitor profile for the printer, each device should have its own unique ICC profile as the profile only describes the particular device. Printer profiles are unique to the paper/ink combination used, so you will need several as well. I've not gotten good results with the supplied profiles. From my experience, (at least for me), turning off colour management on the printer side gives best results, which are closest to my Adobe Gamma-calibrated monitor.

Regards
CK

Tweek said:

Juz select (fit to page) will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.