Photoshop-per please come in ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasphotography

Jul 28, 2002
Singapore
Anyone knows how to include a "Table" in PS just as we normally do in Words?

Doing a project now using PS and am stucked with the Table thingy. Any suggestion appreciated! :gbounce:

Create table in Words, screen capture and paste into photoshop :D

wah, put a Table chart in photoshop? that's a tough one... don't think there's a specific tool/function to do that.

usually i just do the table in Word and then screen-cap it, then import into Photoshop if i needed it as a graphic file.

I have done that in Words lah.... but the table appears tiny in my PS file which I am working at 300 dpi !!!

Hmmm... if you can output the table/file in EPS format, then I think PS can open the EPS file and since EPS is resolution-independant, can then cut-n-paste into your PS document.

Not 100% sure though.

PS works with bitmap, not vector. The reason why u can change the appearance of tables in WORD is because WORD deals with objects and render them on-the-fly. Don't think PS can edit tables. Maybe u try some other software (like fireworks) which deals with both bitmap and vector. Later import to PS for your need.

Wow... seems like screen capture
is one of the option to put a table in a pg file. Perhaps can consider put the table in a powerpoint slide and do a screen capture then crop using PS.

What about trying to insert Chinese words into photos? I had a great deal of difficulties because PS do not accept Microsoft Chinese IMEI...
Anyone can help?

Originally posted by jasphotography
Anyone knows how to include a "Table" in PS just as we normally do in Words?

Doing a project now using PS and am stucked with the Table thingy. Any suggestion appreciated! :gbounce:

The only way I tried is to get the image copy and tables created in Words copy and paste in Microsoft Publisher. :)

Cheers.:cool:

ok ok, thanks for your input but let's put my constraint of my problem here ok guys...

My problem MUST be solved using Photoshop and Window/Microsoft applications ONLY.

No other fancy fancy softwares ok. :gbounce:

Quick, whoever helps solved my problem will get a prize
of your choosing, again within the constraint of my pocket!!!
:D .... which I normally don't put much cash in it, heng!

Anyway, my guy who is doing the Table & PS thing needs some anger management... after several futile attempts for the past 2 hours!!!

ok Jas buy me beer after reading... :p

Try this:
1. In WORD, page setup, custom size, type a big value. This will push the WORD canvas to very big one.
2. Copy the table.
3. Paste in PS. If table not big enough, repeat from step 1.

I just tested and got big enough tables for a 3000x2000pixel@300dpi.

Hi guys this might be a stupid suggestion but if all things failed why not juz manually draw table in photoshop?

:dunno:

Originally posted by sesame_street98
Hi guys this might be a stupid suggestion but if all things failed why not juz manually draw table in photoshop?

:dunno:

Just a simple 20 by 20 table, I'll rather hang myself for drawing that. :p

I'm using Tomshen's method too, copy and paste. It'll work even for paintbrush. :)

OK seriously, all you need to do is to write the text at the size you want, then POSITION it manually using the LAYER -> TRANSFORM -> NUMERIC tool. Repeat as many times as necessary. Then use the LINE tool to draw the boxes.

Not the most elegant solution, but you can get the fonts and positions exactly where you want them.

Sometimes it's better just to do things manually than try to figure out how to do it "the proper way". Saves you time and aggro.

If you have many tables to superimpose, then this may not be your ideal solution.

The other solution, of course, is to PRINT OUT your tables onto paper, scan it in as a high-resolution bitmap, then resize to taste when superimposing on top of your picture.

So Jas only one beer for Tom what about the rest??

Cheers.:cool:

jesus, get me a tiger! :rbounce:

Tom, I need to generate a Table to fill up almost 80% of the space of a 3567 x 2539 pixel, 300 dpi file for A4 size brochure printing. I followed what you preached me to do... customized the page size to a maximum of 22 " x 22 " in Words and then generated the Table there.

I then copy and paste the Table into the PS file. But, the Table only occupied around 40 to 50% of the file space which is still too small for my intended purpose.

The consolation is, with your method, the Table will generally work fine for general use when introductory text and title etc are included.

Streetshooter, actually previously I have already tried the primitive method which is to print the Table out using Words and then scanned the print-out at 600 dpi. Result wasn't fantastic. So, as you have suggested, I scanned at high res. at 1200 dpi.

I cannot confirm if there was a problem at the printing stage as I noticed lines (that formed the table) were not straight at irregular points!!!

Anyway, I thank you for all sorts of ingenious replies from you people.... I can sense that I am getting closer to what I want. I will try again tomorrow.

Stay tuned as the result for the free beer will be disclosed tomorrow, depending on whose method I adpoted or used the most :D

Originally posted by jasphotography
I then copy and paste the Table into the PS file. But, the Table only occupied around 40 to 50% of the file space which is still too small for my intended purpose.
u still can change your table in WORD what? use thicker borders, wider spacing and bigger fonts! Then copy and paste. In this way u can get 200% table size also no problem.

Originally posted by tomshen
u still can change your table in WORD what? use thicker borders, wider spacing and bigger fonts! Then copy and paste. In this way u can get 200% table size also no problem.

ok ok you need the beer badly Tom :bsmilie:

You know I did use bigger font (48 pt) and my table which fits into one full page previously now becomes fragmented to 15 pages (each page customized at the maximum canvas size of 22" x 22") in Words.

I selected all 15 pages, copy and paste in PS file.... ONLY page 1 which contained a small portion of my table is copied over to PS.

Why like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.