photoshop PC advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hein

Jun 19, 2003
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi Guys,

Now that I am almost firm on my Dell U2410 monitor purchase, I need to finalise my PC. It will be mainly for the following:

Photoshop 60%
Games (Diablo 3/ Starcraft 2 type of games) 10%
Music through digital out 15%
Movies 15%

The important hw that I am looking at are:

Mobo : Gigabyte P55A UD3
CPU :i5 750
RAM : 4Gb
Graphics : HD5850

Will the Giga P55 UD4P have a better sound output quality (through digital out) compared to the UD3??? Does it make sense to get the more expensive motherboard?

Is the 750 CPU enough, or it makes sense to consider the 8xx series(860) for photoshop

Is the HD5850 enough for a monitor that can do x1440???(My current plan now is to get the Dell U2410, which is 1920x1200. I may get a second 24" or larger monitor in the future).

motherboards... usually u change mother board u might as well change new pc. no point getting a better one as per se. unless ur skilled at doing self upgrades. face it. most of us here buys a pc use for a good 4 years and get a new one. leave the mother board alone.

on the other hand, is audio important? u mentioned photoshop. and as far as i know, i never had audio during photoshop. maybe adobe might be making a sound version i dunno ~~ as for now, its not important.

as for graphic card. ur gpu is quite decent. u may wanna couple up with a good processing unit. a 2.66ghz and above will be very very good. ~~

ur call. if u think u can self upgrade next time then go for a better motherboard. but i wont recommend it.

For PC, currently the i5 750 is quite fast. Of course these things come and go fast.
But it's safe to go on i5.

HD5850 is a very decent card. I have the same card on a C2D 1.8 GHz and it still serve me well. For sound, I never use the on-board sound. Not that it is no good. It is just that I have always been a faithful Creative sound card user. Have used the original Sound Blaster, SB Pro, SB AWE32, SB Live, SB Audigy, SB X-Fi...... dunno how many generations.

i5 is good enough, photoshop loves a fast processor. To make the most out of multiple cores, u need more ram. ( unless u got the spare cash for anything beyond 4GB on a 64bit system, i think 4GB is more than sufficient for the most of us ) the graphics card looks great.

Ryan

For PC, currently the i5 750 is quite fast. Of course these things come and go fast.
But it's safe to go on i5.

HD5850 is a very decent card. I have the same card on a C2D 1.8 GHz and it still serve me well. For sound, I never use the on-board sound. Not that it is no good. It is just that I have always been a faithful Creative sound card user. Have used the original Sound Blaster, SB Pro, SB AWE32, SB Live, SB Audigy, SB X-Fi...... dunno how many generations.

Thanks... but, are you using digital or analog out??? I only plan to use digital out connected through my amp... Will a X-Fi help??? Thought the high end sound cards only have better DACs for analog output???

Status
Not open for further replies.