Photoshop help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastboltnut

Mar 23, 2006
Where the wind blows...
Hey guys,

I am wondering if I can type chinese in Photoshop? I try typing chinese in the PS textbox with NStar, it doesn't work:dunno: .....any advise?:(

Thank you!:D

yes possible...

pstest.jpg

did u try using xp's chinese input? I always use that. Not sure about Nstar though.

Forget about njstar, use the ime on windows itself. You might need the windows install disc on hand though, if the appropriate nls files haven't been installed. Select the correct locale in the region settings.

I am so sorry, but I have installed the chinese languages (tranditional and advance) in the control panel, regional and language option. I have even switch my region/language setting to Chinese.

But in photoshop 5.5 how do i activate the chinese input method? When I type in the text box, it is still english...:sweat: can help further? thank you guys.

Ok, I have figured out how to use XP to input chinese......but I have 2 qns:

1. My photoshop cannot recognise chinese, all that I type in became "?". But with the same input method, my MS Words can show chinese......is it due to my photoshop is version5.5?

2. Can I input traditional chinese with XP chinese using Quan Pin input method? Seem like only simplified chinese can......

Thank you!

If i am not wrong, it could be because it is Photoshop 5.5

I cannot be sure though.

Last time i had some other problems with chinese fonts in PhotoShop CS, till change to CS2, the prom no longer exist

photoshop 5.5 could be using the old windows version of a textbox. The latest windows gui has unicode support that enables you to type in whatever language.

Posible to upgrade the gui (i.e. patch) to make 5.5 usable for chinese input?;p

Thanks.

shojibake said:
photoshop 5.5 could be using the old windows version of a textbox. The latest windows gui has unicode support that enables you to type in whatever language.

Allo just read your post. No there's no way to input it if it doesn't already do that. But i may be wrong. I think there are other IMEs that you can try ( well in the past there were a couple ).

I use Chinese Star 2005.

Load the program > type in the Chinese characters using Pinyin > copy and paste to Photoshop text layer > Tada!

I tried that, all turned out to be "???????????".....sigh:mad2:

Now, I am wondering if my PC (P4 2.0, 128mb graphics, 832Mb Ram) can run CS2?:cry:

photobum said:
I use Chinese Star 2005.

Load the program > type in the Chinese characters using Pinyin > copy and paste to Photoshop text layer > Tada!

Try photoshop 7. It works for me. CS2 works as well.

You might need to have chinese fonts installed or some of the characters the fonts does not recognise

Status
Not open for further replies.