Photoshop help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuee88

Dec 11, 2005
Yew Tee
www.facebook.com
HI everyone,

How to make an object in the photo colour and the rest b/w... i tried but it still cannt change to a colour and a b/w one... Pls tell me how to do it..
Thanks!

shuee88 said:
HI everyone,

How to make an object in the photo colour and the rest b/w... i tried but it still cannt change to a colour and a b/w one... Pls tell me how to do it..
Thanks!

Create a hue adjustment layer.
Reduce the saturation.
Mask out the object.

duplicate the layer , Image>adjustment>desaturate , add a layer mask, use brush to paint area you want to have colour

0018.jpg

same question asked many times with many ways to do it.

You can use the history brush to to it also. Though I prefer the masking method. It's more 'complete'.

jopel said:
duplicate the layer , Image>adjustment>desaturate , add a layer mask, use brush to paint area you want to have colour

0018.jpg

I thank you too, jopel. :) Now, I know how this 'partial colour picture' is done.

jopel said:

0018.jpg

Got any website teaches us how to do it? i can't seem to get it.. a bit slow lar i...

got a bit more detail way of doing this... i just cant get it... sorry for being so slow...
=P

1. First select the portion that you want to keep in color. (You can use the Lasso tools.)

2. Go to SELECT -> INVERSE

3. Go to LAYER -> NEW ADJUSTMENT LAYER -> HUE/SATURATION, and then Press OK.

4. In the "Hue/Saturation" Dialogbox, drag the SATURATION slider all the way to Left, and there you go.

Use Channel Mixer

Select monochrome, adjust the three different levels, (total percentage should be ±100%)..this method has more details than simply desaturating, and gives you more control

I use both Channel Mixer and Gradient Map adjustment layers, and toggle between them to get the best results.

There are plenty of ways to turn Black & White...
I often use Lab B&W to turn the images to B&W, as well as Channel Mixer.

But Hue/Saturation is an easy start for a beginner, especially like shuee88, for this LayerMasking/AdjustmentLayer task...

hey...

really thanks for helping me with this.. i'm still learning how to it coz nt very familar wif photoshop yet.. =P

shuee88 said:
hey...

really thanks for helping me with this.. i'm still learning how to it coz nt very familar wif photoshop yet.. =P

slowly learn..
you'll be rewarded

practise makes perfect :thumbsup:

There's another way. Use Calculations. Select Image then Calculations. Try first channel as Red, Green, Blue, or Grey. Same goes for 2nd channel. Then select the blending mode and opacity. Try it around until you find one contrast level that you like. When you are done, go right to the bottom where there is a Result section and select "New Document". A new file will be presented to you which you can later convert to Grey Scale. This method gives me more control in the contrast and detail reproduction.

Using the Calculations method, even though offers more control, is time-consuming thus slows down workflow.

I think this method is okay for most hobbyists. But with over 200 pictures to process daily, I still prefer the quickest and easiest ways.

When in front of Photoshop, I am a speed demon.

Status
Not open for further replies.