Photoshop gurus need ur help in straightening a distorted image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystix

Jan 18, 2002
Planet Earth
Visit site
Hi i took a shoot of framed portrait and it turns out slightly distorted....meaning the lines werent straight.

First qns....how do i prevent this in the future when taking this kind of shots? do i need to take note of the focal length?

2nd qns..how do i make use of photoshop to straighten the pic?
i rem some1 once used photoshop to straighten the westin stamford hotel.

which PS do you have?

If you have PS 6 or 7...look for this tool call "Measuring Tool"..it should be with the Eye Dropper tool.

Select the straightest edge you can find on your image...and use the measuring tool to drop for one point to another...

After that...go to "Image"->Rotate Canvas -> Arbitary...

if done correctly...you'll find that it already has a small angle which when you click OK...it will be straighten...but you'll have to do alil cropping to adjust...

try out different straight edges to find the one that's best suitable..

thanks for the tip.
actually i think thats more suitable for straightening crooked scans rite. my prob is actually more of a case where the image looks like it's bloated. i tried to use the distort-> pinch plugin but the results weren't very gd.

oh that....:)

then mabbe you can try "liquifier" filter....

Mystix, any way you can post up the picture in question so we can take a look? better then for us to advise then instead of giving u pointers which might not be what u need...

you can try to use distort or perspective

Edit > Transform > Distort
Edit > Transform > Perspective

hmm i tried the liquify tool but its quite hard...
gonna try andromedia's lensdoc and see if it works

thanks for the advice guys...so far andromedia's lensdoc works best but erm i'm still trying to find the 'friendly' version for it, quite hard to find hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.