Photoshop Effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfatfish

Jan 13, 2004
I understand that most photographers use photoshop to make their photographs look better or create a special effect.

recently i came across a picture that is black and white. but the subject of the photo is in color. I wonder how the author did that. Anyone here knows?

bigfatfish said:
I understand that most photographers use photoshop to make their photographs look better or create a special effect.

recently i came across a picture that is black and white. but the subject of the photo is in color. I wonder how the author did that. Anyone here knows?

think the function is called de-saturate. :think:

nightwolf75 said:
think the function is called de-saturate. :think:

I did a de-saturate and the whole picture goes black and white. how to make only the subject color? can elaborate? sorry la, I m a newbie in these :)

actually this has been asked a lot of times here liaoz..

but here is a brief outline, i try ar.. if cannot u go do a search

duplicate ur base layer

then u have layer 1 and 2

desaturate the top layer

then use the eraser tool and erase away the parts which are to be in colour

thats my workflow lar..

some pple's method i saw here involves the history brush, but i like this method more.

oh, u referring to nickmak's pics? geee... not sure. think better consult nickmak!

nickmak, u ard?

imagine a kueh lapis...
if the top layer is brown and you slice off a portion of it, you get to see the yellow layer!
...sorry... im just hungry
:bsmilie:

anyways, its the same idea... "layers" is what we're talking about

bigfatfish said:

Something like this?

33010-med-DSCN4384_1.jpg

desaturate, then use history brush

erm... y not lasso the object u wan it in colour... select inverse and desaturate....
guess dats wad nickmad did... see carefully the corner of the box... it's coloured

bigfatfish said:
YEAH! thats the one!

As you can see from the replies, there's more than one way of doing it.

The sample you see is done with lasso, inverse then de-saturate.
Try playing around, it's interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.