Photoshop CS3 and tablet PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

darker

Sep 4, 2005
Does the PS CS3 works with pen based tablet? Any special software needed?

Deadpoet

Oct 18, 2004
Does the PS CS3 works with pen based tablet? Any special software needed?
Of course it does. Wonder why you asked the question. Maybe something I missed?

GilbertGoh

Aug 16, 2005
Singapore
Of course it does. Wonder why you asked the question. Maybe something I missed?
my guess is that the TS would think using a Touch screen would need addition software as the way to do actions are different from a mouse.

Deadpoet

Oct 18, 2004
my guess is that the TS would think using a Touch screen would need addition software as the way to do actions are different from a mouse.
TS didn't ask about touch screen, only pen base tablet.

Reason I ask is, jsut want to be sure there are no hidden problem the TS noticed or experienced.

My Wacom worked flawlessly with CS3.

GilbertGoh

Aug 16, 2005
Singapore
TS didn't ask about touch screen, only pen base tablet.

Reason I ask is, jsut want to be sure there are no hidden problem the TS noticed or experienced.

My Wacom worked flawlessly with CS3.
Wacom, wow cool device man..
i just we need the TS to answer that :)

darker

Sep 4, 2005
Thank you for all your replies.

I am considering getting a Fujitsu tablet PC. But I have no experience in CS3 with a tablet- normally use mouse as input. With a pen-based input, I just want to be sure that I do not need to purchase other s/w.

ah.zeep

Jun 20, 2006
Also note that tablet PC's are usually quite underpowered -- 1.2GHz? 512MB RAM? My guess will be that PS CS3 will run slowwwwwly on the tablet machine.

darker

Sep 4, 2005
Also note that tablet PC's are usually quite underpowered -- 1.2GHz? 512MB RAM? My guess will be that PS CS3 will run slowwwwwly on the tablet machine.
I am looking at the Fujitsu T4220 C2D 2GHz and 2GB. Hopefully it should be sufficient.

GilbertGoh

Aug 16, 2005
Singapore

I am considering getting a Fujitsu tablet PC. But I have no experience in CS3 with a tablet- normally use mouse as input. With a pen-based input, I just want to be sure that I do not need to purchase other s/w.
DP : see i am right :p hahahaha just joking.

Mar 13, 2007
Atlanta, GA

i'm using the slate with CS2, the pen just acts as a mouse and i use an external keybord

darker

Sep 4, 2005
i'm using the slate with CS2, the pen just acts as a mouse and i use an external keybord
In your experience with the slate, is it more convenient to use the pen instead of a mouse for PS?

Mar 13, 2007
Atlanta, GA
In your experience with the slate, is it more convenient to use the pen instead of a mouse for PS?
i'm too used to using a pen already, even in msn i write to people instead of typing.

sometimes i prefer a combi of both in PS, when brushing, physically touching up an image etc, erasing something etc i would prefer a pen, its more accurate, but when it comes to curve adjustment, or clicking around various functions in PS, a mouse is fine as well, with a mouse you cover larger screen distances in a small movement..

westwest2

Jun 6, 2007
I am looking at the Fujitsu T4220 C2D 2GHz and 2GB. Hopefully it should be sufficient.
remember to change to the high speed HDD to ensure smooth running...cause u have so powerful spec but a slow HDD...no point right...

plsoong

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
can i check again?

CS3 doesn't load in previous actions that i've created/downloaded for CS2?

can i just ask if CS3's array of effects is alot more convincing than CS2's stuff?

sorry i've got a copy of CS3 but have been hesitant to install it due to over-reliance on CS2 :p

only irritating thing i experience about pen tab vs large screen.....

i've to estimate more accurately my pen movements!
ARGH!
lol

Apr 16, 2007
Westside
CS3 works perfectly with a tablet :)
i'm using a HP tablet PC and CS3, and the pen allows really for really accurate touchups :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom