Photoshop CS2 is Here !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat

Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
Surprise!

Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Windows is now available in Singapore just days after the US launch. Just got my copy of the Upgrade version for $288 from Pic & Pixel. Not available anywhere else at the moment.

Those who are interested has better get it fast because stock is limited and Adobe might not be bringing in more after this initial shipment any time soon. ;)

did anyone sent in the free CS2 upgrade form (for buying the PS CS recently)? I am still waiting for my free CS2 upgrade. Wondering when it will arrive and how it will arrive...

Wa... I still using PS7. :sweat:

sil said:
may i ask what are the major difference with CS?

Thanks.

It's what CS should have been ;-)

IMO, CS2 is more of a major upgrade from 7.0 than CS was. CS just wasn't quite worth it.

You can download a trial copy at Adobe's site to see if you like it enough to upgrade.

Personally, there are a few standout improvements for me. Smart Sharpen is such a major improvement over the usual unsharp mask. It combines traditional unsharp mask with enhancement methods that I have seen only in some astro-imaging enhancement software. (This should be a heaven sent for dslr users with cameras that have very strong anti-aliasing filters such as Olys)

Adobe Bridge and the new Camera Raw interface are two very other significant ones.

The lens distortion correction tool is something that SHOULD have been there a long while ago.

I like the new object warping tool.

There's a lot more. Quite a lot to take in but all good.

A very worthwhile upgrade from 7.0 if you ask me. :thumbsup:

I thought it is around $1k.

Educational version which I am using is $480.

I suggest for those who are interested to get a full copy to get a original, old version of Photoshop (eBay?), and get the upgrade pack.

If I'm not wrong, the upgrade allows you to upgrade to CS2 from any version of Photoshop?

From my friends, it seems that CS2 is slower than CS, and Bridge is still not as responsive as compared to the other image-viewing apps (from CS's Browse).

SNAG said:
I suggest for those who are interested to get a full copy to get a original, old version of Photoshop (eBay?), and get the upgrade pack.

If I'm not wrong, the upgrade allows you to upgrade to CS2 from any version of Photoshop?

Just to check, is it true edu version cannot buy upgrade to full version?

wind30 said:
I thought it is around $1k.

Educational version which I am using is $480.

is there any diff between edu and standard version other than price?

the edu version of CS comes with a FREE upgrade to CS2 if you bought it recently (april).

I am still WAITING for my CS2 upgrade. But you cannot upgrade edu version normally, ie when CS3 comes out, CANNOT upgrade.

Other than that the edu version is IDENTICAL to the full version. A good alternative to nikon capture if you are not professional.

Although technically, you cannot use the EDU version unless you are student, but I am pretty comfortable with using it as I use it for purely non-commercial stuff.

I am like 48 times better than those people who uses the $10 versions :) I am sure adobe singapore will not come after me :)

another question: if say, i buy the CS2 edu version, does it comes with both mac and pc installers? in case i wanna switch to a mac from my windows pc.

Another question, what's the diff from the download from adobe website version? I assume the one from Pix&pixel is booked with manual?

hi tomcat, can check with u to see if this new ver needs an internet connection for authentication before u can use it? the connection needs to be on to check authenticity everytime u run it? so what if u r overseas with a laptop?

thx. :)

nightpiper said:
hi tomcat, can check with u to see if this new ver needs an internet connection for authentication before u can use it? the connection needs to be on to check authenticity everytime u run it? so what if u r overseas with a laptop?

thx. :)
me no tomcat
all you need is to connect onto the internet and activate it once. you don't need to link it for subsequent use.

if you have load the programme in your labtop and desktop you cannot run them concurrently when you have the lab and desk tops link to the internet.

tao said:
another question: if say, i buy the CS2 edu version, does it comes with both mac and pc installers? in case i wanna switch to a mac from my windows pc.

nope version is fixed. Only one platform.

Thinking of buying CS2 .. worth or not? (since I'm not a professional - dont use it to make $$)

Status
Not open for further replies.