Photoshop CS bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
calisc said:
When doing rotation with the crop rectangle, I noticed that the rotation is actually lost after cropping, is this a CS bug??? :dunno:

oh you have this problem too huh? I have it and seem to be consistent with small rotations.

Rotation lost? I don't get that leh... When you rotate the crop rectangle, after cropping, CS would actually rotate the image back to the nearest orientation (i.e. portrait or landscape only).

For example, you have an A4 image, and your crop rectangle is A5 size. You rotate it clockwise to 45 degrees or more, the end result would be a A5 landscape orientation. Likewise, lesser than 45 degrees would give you A5 portrait.

dun understand what u saying. the crop tool sure works as expected for me

when you rotate the crop rectangle, then press enter to perform the crop, some times it doesn't crop according to where the rectangle was. very obvious is you rotate to align with some straight features.

hwchoy said:
when you rotate the crop rectangle, then press enter to perform the crop, some times it doesn't crop according to where the rectangle was. very obvious is you rotate to align with some straight features.

Hmmm... maybe I don't understand the problem that you all are talking about... Like quekky, the crop tool works as expected for me too. Maybe you all want to post some pictures to demonstrate your examples?

are u using the friendly version of pscs?

there are several friendly versions. the early of which i believe have some "special features" built in, maybe this is one of those features

here's an illustration of the problem. anyone else can repeat this problem?

crop rectangle is extended

pscs01.jpg

crop rectangle is rotated to align it with the tilted shadow

pscs02.jpg

when the crop is committed (by pressing ENTER) the cropped result is not aligned with the shadow, i.e. the rotation was lost.

pscs03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.