Photoshop cost US$650!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjackal

Jul 9, 2008
:bigeyes::eek::eek:

I was thinking I need a decent photo editor and looked for photoshop, since its the most well known one but I never knew the price and when I saw it I was surprised. Didn't expect it to cost so much. :eek:

:confused:

Well maybe later. But for the moment, what are some good affordable ones recommended for beginners?

Or it's better to just use a free program?

Does this free programs work on raw files?

try photoshop elements 6. under $200. almost all the useful functions of PSCS3 is found in it.

:bigeyes::eek::eek:

I was thinking I need a decent photo editor and looked for photoshop, since its the most well known one but I never knew the price and when I saw it I was surprised. Didn't expect it to cost so much. :eek:

:confused:

Well maybe later. But for the moment, what are some good affordable ones recommended for beginners?

Or it's better to just use a free program?

Does this free programs work on raw files?

RAW isn't the only thing. I use it selectively, when I need to. That cuts down on the work required. Still, if you want to use RAW, you can use the supplied conversion program from the camera manufacturer to do your adjustments, finalize the adjustments and convert to JPEG for the editing part. I do this.

GIMP is free, but the interface is such a pain to use, and no, it does not feel like Photoshop no matter what add-ons I install to apparently make it feel like.

Photoshop Elements feels like Photoshop and I even got it free with my Canon scanner (bundled) so that makes the scanner an even better deal. Elements is very powerful and can do a lot of advanced editing if you add some plug-ins.

Alternatively, try Photoshop Lightroom - a bit cheaper than PS CS3. I use this together with Elements.

Photoshop is a highly sophisticated image processing and graphics software application. Its vital in many photographers workflows these days, therefore you cannot put a price on it, its just one of those things you have to buy (if your going to be using it to make a living) For a cheaper alternative I thoroughly recommend Lightroom. It does anything most hobbyists need to do and way more.

Elements, Lightroom, I hear you guys. Thanx and much appreciated.

Assuming your OS is Windows, try Picassa. It's free, it works and it gives you an idea of what you want in a photo editor.

http://picasa.google.com/index.html

Actually I do have a freebie program that I got when I bought my Canon scanner many years back. Its called Arcsoft Photostudio 2000. I been using it for my compact camera pics. Served my needs so far, but functions aren't much.

I think I will stick to it for the moment and get the recommended ones when I got more money.

Thank you!

I also support and use Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2.

Photoshop is the most popular editing programme around, but it's really overkill for 90% of the casual photography population.

Another PSP X2 user here :thumbsup:. I do also use ACDSee Pro 2 for minor-er touch-ups and speedy reviews/previews of my photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.