Photoshop Alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

diediealsomustdive

Apr 2, 2006
CCK
I'm sure this has been talked about before. I am looking not to spend a grand on the software, but would like to have most of its power. Which competitor should I be trying? Tried Elements but found it lacking in some aspects.

I use raw converter, manage vignetting, chromatic abberation, colour correction (hopefully little bit only), curves, healing, levels, channels, selective colour, adding text, adjust using layers.

Thanks.

i have this issue too... so GIMP can does most of the job? What abt Nikon Capture NX?

Nikon user, use Capture. problem solved immediately.

Capture NX is 30days testing testing only.

after that you will have to buy a original copy.

I use both Capture and PS together. and both originals la.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

never trusted pirated even thou "some" claim its as good as the original ones. :dunno::nono:

Nikon user, use Capture. problem solved immediately.

Capture NX is 30days testing testing only.

after that you will have to buy a original copy.

I use both Capture and PS together. and both originals la.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

never trusted pirated even thou "some" claim its as good as the original ones. :dunno::nono:

Where to get Capture NX? Is it sold in shops?

how come no one mentioned photoshop CS2?

no good? :dunno:

how come no one mentioned photoshop CS2?

no good? :dunno:

Well that's because the person was asking for Photoshop alternatives, as mentioned in the thread header. For most folk, PS is overkill. Not to mention super expensive. (Assuming you do use original software).

Well that's because the person was asking for Photoshop alternatives, as mentioned in the thread header. For most folk, PS is overkill. Not to mention super expensive. (Assuming you do use original software).
jump the gun too fast never bother the title of the thread.

i did read the title of thread, but following the threadstarter's post, he only mentioned photoshop elements..

so i presumed that his photoshop alternative was referring to alternative to photoshop elements.

my mistake then.

Status
Not open for further replies.