Photoshop Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

saline

Aug 26, 2004
hmm i got a problem. got no idea how to solve tried for 2hrs already.. hope the folks here can help me out. i'm trying to create a border and a drop shadow for my photos
heres what i did

1- create new action press 'record'
2- open a new background image a white background
3- open my photo, resize
4- cut and paste the photo onto the white background
5- border and drop shadow done
6- save, press stop on the action

the weird part is i keep getting an error it keeps opening the photo that i opened previously to edit, then it shows 'the command move is currently unavailable' either i continue or stop
how do i make my action suitable for batch addition of photos?

thanks in advance.

ur main purpose is to create a shadow effect on ur photos right? try using PS Image Ready for simple editing. u shld open the image 1st before u start "record-ing".

1. open photo/ image
2. create new action & name it (no need to press record coz it already start recording)
3. goto Image > Canvas > set the width & height pixel slightly bigger than pic, eg. 5 pixels more & select the anchor on the top left instead of the default centre > then Ok.
4. goto Layer Style > Drop Shadow > Done
5. goto Window > Optimize > Quality > 80% if u for web publishing, printing set to 100%.
6. stop recording.
7. save ur work (save optimized as)

now u can open another picture & "play".

sunsetbay said:
ur main purpose is to create a shadow effect on ur photos right? try using PS Image Ready for simple editing. u shld open the image 1st before u start "record-ing".

1. open photo/ image
2. create new action & name it (no need to press record coz it already start recording)
3. goto Image > Canvas > set the width & height pixel slightly bigger than pic, eg. 5 pixels more & select the anchor on the top left instead of the default centre > then Ok.
4. goto Layer Style > Drop Shadow > Done
5. goto Window > Optimize > Quality > 80% if u for web publishing, printing set to 100%.
6. stop recording.
7. save ur work (save optimized as)

now u can open another picture & "play".

hi bro, i did everything from step 1-3 so far so good but i got stuck at step 4. i couldnt select layer style without adding a new layer. and i tried adding a new blank layer or a layer with background copied. but both never show any drop shadow -_-
i'm using photoshop as i dont have image ready :bigeyes:

Before you go to step 3, you need to duplicate the background copy. Using the background copy, then proceed with the rest of the steps. That should works

great it worked!
the next thing is that i did
1- File -> Automate -> Batch
2- Choose the action -> source -> Folder
3- Destination -> Another folder

the question is how do i set it to autosave using its default filename?
i cant seem to get it to work when i check on that overwrite action save as command

help? anyone?

tried for 1hr + earlier still cannot find solution.. anyone?

saline said:
hi bro, i did everything from step 1-3 so far so good but i got stuck at step 4. i couldnt select layer style without adding a new layer. and i tried adding a new blank layer or a layer with background copied. but both never show any drop shadow -_-
i'm using photoshop as i dont have image ready :bigeyes:

image ready comes together wif PS during installation, interface wise is v much same as PS but it's easier for work if u r doing simple editing.

saline said:
great it worked!
the next thing is that i did
1- File -> Automate -> Batch
2- Choose the action -> source -> Folder
3- Destination -> Another folder

the question is how do i set it to autosave using its default filename?
i cant seem to get it to work when i check on that overwrite action save as command

ok, now i know what u want.

go back to ur action, stop the recording only after u had saved & closed.

nw go bk to ur batching work, it shld work nw.

see illustration:

shadowaction7gg.gif

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.