Photoshoots every Sat afternoon...anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidsim

Jun 5, 2003
East
www.flickr.com
Hi, I am a newbie, trying to pic up the digital photography hobby :)
Currently on a basic photography course by Stanley.. will end in two more weeks' time... then it's practise practise practise i guess..

As with all hobbies, if you play alone, you will lose steam in no time... I learned this when learning flying RC planes/heli.. no doubt learning to fly is satisfactory, but i found it is the gathering of like-minded friends that can make you stay long in the hobby...

So, came this thread, would like to see who would be free every Sat afternoon, say 2+ to 5+, (that's when my wife is not free... hahaha, of course), we could meet for photoshops, coffee, anything under the sun...I can teach u to fly RC, if interested, but be warned, it is another expensive hobby.. :sweatsm:
we might be shy shy on first outings, but in no times, we will be buddies... hehehe ... :bsmilie:

I stay in Eunos Cresent area, but SIngapore is tiny, so we can meet anywhere...

ok, hope to hear from you guys and gals soon...

Cheers...

em just to differ from ur generalization but I began photography all alone and have been doing it most of the time all alone except for recently, and I dont see how I ever EVER lost steam. =)

one man's meat is another man's poison.

Some folks need companionship ....others need solitude....
so its a matter of preference lah....

but i would go with Davidsim.....
somethings are just learnt faster if its done together =)

This is very interesting.
So far, any plan to go?

of course, some people have determination... :bsmilie:

For me, prefer to shoot, sit around, lim kopi, talk...

Remembered when i first hovered my RC heli, i was overjoyed, but then Nobody around to jump like crazy with me.. hehe..

Anyway, just trying to make more friends...

Maybe, can share lens somemore in future...

HVB88 said:
This is very interesting.
So far, any plan to go?

not yet, just counting heads first...

for those interested to join me, maybe could list your name here... and we can plan something out ..

davidsim said:
So, came this thread, would like to see who would be free every Sat afternoon, say 2+ to 5+, (that's when my wife is not free... hahaha, of course), ....

I stay in Eunos Cresent area, but SIngapore is tiny, so we can meet anywhere...

Cheers...

Same here. Wife need to attend course on Saturday from 12pm to 6pm (for a long, long period). I stay in the east also (Simei/Tanah Merah area). So maybe can meet up some other time.

barracuda said:
I am interested, but me newbie only.

Me one month old newbie.. ;p
how long i have been shooting? abt 250 secs....

shooted abt 1000 shutter counts now, with average of 1/250secs each... so 250secs of digital photographing experience...:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

thl said:
Same here. Wife need to attend course on Saturday from 12pm to 6pm (for a long, long period). I stay in the east also (Simei/Tanah Merah area). So maybe can meet up some other time.

Dun tell me your wife attends same course as mine... hahahha.. that would be something...
Your wife's course dun happen to be in Serangoon garden area right? :sweat: :sweat:

Hi David,

I presume that you are using a Canon 350d, right?

Ever thought of becoming a CanonGrapher? :)

there is no light without darkness.
there is no darkness without light.

hey, i'm newbie and interested. do include me for the outdoor shooting. cheers!

davidsim said:
Dun tell me your wife attends same course as mine... hahahha.. that would be something...
Your wife's course dun happen to be in Serangoon garden area right? :sweat: :sweat:

No. She had her lessons in Chinatown. Already doing that for the last 2 years.

USM said:
Hi David,

I presume that you are using a Canon 350d, right?

Ever thought of becoming a CanonGrapher? :)

huh? CanonGrapher... a club? dunno leh...
My impression of clubs is very restricting, lots of politics, intimidating for newbies, will be like going for the first meetings and being ignored... etc... but then again, i might be wrong...

care to tell me more abt CanonGrapher...

Was at Canon Dig Lab last friday for the DSLR course, realized there is some hobby group of some sorts... but was too shy to ask..

davidsim, I am interested in joining your Saturday outings but on an off/on basis. Possible for me to join? I live in Bedok.

I newbie also... pls count me in.

All are welcome... everyone has their schedule... so it is perfectly ok for on/off.. I also off a while on my RC side... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I also newbie... must stress also... know only how to point and shoot... hopefully one day can post my pics and people will go :bigeyes:

someday....

Status
Not open for further replies.