Photoshoot on 29th Nov (MON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reannemia

Jun 20, 2003
Visit site
I'm booking a hotel room at RELC (next to shangrila) on the 29th of Nov (MON) for a photoshoot.

Those building their professional portfolio in portraits/fashion/editorial/lifestyle and will be interested to join, please email me @ miadreamy@yahoo.com with the following details:

- name, contact and email
- theme/idea of shoot
- photos/samples of the theme you want to try
- necessary items/props
- portfolio

These details are crucial as i will need to choose the fotogs based on their ideas for my own portfolio.

There will be 4 slots of shoot starting at 230pm.

1. 230-315pm
2. 330-415pm
3. 430-515pm
4. 530-615pm
5. 630-715pm (slot is tentative as i'm not sure of daylight and i think the shoot will run overtime! it usually does!)

Costs will be at $45 per fotog, one on one basis. If you would like to come in pairs, it'll be $60 per pair.

Please view my folio @ http://public.fotki.com/caramelsunshine

interesting - who will be the model?

1. 230-315pm (reserved)
2. 330-415pm (reserved)
3. 430-515pm
4. 530-615pm

response not too good....izzit becoz it falls on a weekday?

instead of cost going to paying for hotel, cost can go to studio rental and some customes/props and lightings can be created more freely. punk couples, sporty couples, classy couples on a night out, etc.

wanted to try a different theme away from the studio.

besides...in a studio,

how do u squeeze in a bathtub full of bubbles?

how do u create daylight streaming from a window?

how do u get a cityscape background?

reannemia said:
I'm booking a hotel room at RELC (next to shangrila) on the 29th of Nov (MON) for a photoshoot.

Those building their professional portfolio in portraits/fashion/editorial/lifestyle and will be interested to join, please email me @ miadreamy@yahoo.com with the following details:

- name, contact and email
- theme/idea of shoot
- photos/samples of the theme you want to try
- necessary items/props
- portfolio

These details are crucial as i will need to choose the fotogs based on their ideas for my own portfolio.

There will be 4 slots of shoot starting at 230pm.

1. 230-315pm
2. 330-415pm
3. 430-515pm
4. 530-615pm
5. 630-715pm (slot is tentative as i'm not sure of daylight and i think the shoot will run overtime! it usually does!)

Costs will be at $45 per fotog, one on one basis. If you would like to come in pairs, it'll be $60 per pair.

Please view my folio @ http://public.fotki.com/caramelsunshine
weekenights is definately one of the problems. thre is also a disconnect between having to pay for the shoot and having to audition for the privilledge to shoot.

wow.. RELC has alot of dorm. And bathtub are shared too with i think 5 bedrooms..
You sure u want to do it there?
I rather you book a room at Shangarila ;)

Have you been to RELC recently? Say in the past year?

I did a shoot once there.

miaglam1-vi.jpg

Cant really tell is a hotel i'm sorry coz tat's the only pic i gotten from the fotog.

room_2.gif

This is the room i booked. It has 2 queen sized bed and a open balcony.

"The International Hotel has 142 guest rooms including suites, as well as Hollywood Queens and Executive Twins that offer optimal comfort to match your every need. Each spacious room which includes a private balcony is tastefully designed to include modern conveniences such as an attached bathroom, coffee/tea-making facilities and a mini-fridge. "

RELC HOTEL

What i've wanted to try to bubble baths (very spa feel) shots or lounging in bed shots...champagne strawberries and chocolates (maybe with a bottle in the foreground for an advertisment feel).
Reading in bed or drinking a coffee..(lifestyle) rubbing out a misted mirror, taking drinks from fridge etc.

For b/ws, glam up feel big hair etc. There's alot to play with.

And the payment is just to cover costs for the hotel. If u really weigh it out, it's a good rate to work ONE ON ONE with a makeup artist thrown in.
I mentioned it's for my folio and someone did ask if that's the reason why not TFP.
I do tfp w fotogs such as pureflow (as u can see from my online folio, many shots are done by him) but i cant risk investing my time effort and makeup artist for tfp with fotogs who have a mediocore folio.

i'm prolly gonna get lotsa flak for this but I personally feel that the people/protrait in CS is no good. The macro nature landscape etc are pretty impressive compared to portraits.

Lemme quote what pointblank had said in one thread (http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=99178 afternoon in brazil)

" Shoot people photography. The kind that captures emotional and feelings, and not just beautiful woman. "

coz the really good ones put their pix in magazines.

All slots have been filled! i've got 5 fotogs on the list, 3 i've worked with.

Thanks!

meepokman said:
Someone also once said the really good ones rarely post their pics online.

haha si bei bitchy siah.

go check out fullerton hotel website. super sweet man!!! tons of pictures too

Ah well, but then, the good photographers are just like good filmmakers. Their finished works astound people. But good point proven there. I always wanted to try phototaking from reannemia's angle, (eg looking all glammed up with hair in a big towel, trying to write out something on a misted mirror with hot steam all in the bg) cos i've shot a couple of films in such a manner. But i wouldnt knw much about lighting for photography or the style to work with in such a manner. Would look good in B&W though.

henceforth, my portfolio is not even amatuerish to put forth! But good point raised by all and most importantly, JUST HAVE FUN! Sometimes, ppl tend to forget (amidst all the i-got-a-longer-lens-than-u-or-i-have-a-bigger-flash-than-u pseudo machoism type comparsions. :D ) that, photography is all you and how u feel. Life is what you see through the viewfinder.

oh silverfrond! didnt i meet you at the nokia fashion collective?now, that avatar looked oddly familiar when i saw it.

Mama Mia.......... I would love to shoot you and a shoot like this does not come often, but sadly, I've an appointment with a client on that day and my client can't change it. Toooooo Baddddddd :cry: do let us know how it went and if you and the photographers are OK with it, post some of it here so that we all know what we have missed. All the best and enjoy yourself.

is the shoot still on tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.