Photoshoot - NTU

Zeisser

Jul 12, 2008
Tampines
www.flickr.com
10378199_743781555680549_7129351504854204609_n.jpg

white shirt on white background - difficult

Appreciate you share your thoughts in which area lies the difficulties :)

maybe I should rephrase... high skill level which you have managed to carry it off!

Nice lighting, nice models and very important - nice poses. Did you direct them yourselves? Great job!

Nice lighting, nice models and very important - nice poses. Did you direct them yourselves? Great job!

Thanks.They are actually NTU students having their year end event and are paired searching for Hall King n Queen their usual stuff.They are quite natural in posing as they are given free reign making my job easier.:)

what would your idea behind the lighting setup? would it be to create a seamless white background? what would be your idea for placing the white acrylic on the ground?

were u in a rush to shoot the images? there seems to be motion blur in some of the pictures.

just some questions in my mind when i look at the images.

what would your idea behind the lighting setup? would it be to create a seamless white background? what would be your idea for placing the white acrylic on the ground?

were u in a rush to shoot the images? there seems to be motion blur in some of the pictures.

just some questions in my mind when i look at the images.

Your deduction is absolutely correct and the intention is to have a seamless background to bring out
the subject's image distinctively and most important their hair and makeup. I like clean lighting
as it helps accentuate the makeup. My work place does makeovers and it is important for us to showcase
our abilities as these are paid shoots. The acrylic is more of a decorative and it's not specific item.

As for the motion blur sometimes it does happen as was trying to nail the shots. Just some examples of images
showing the makeup :

9548917295_03069a0a3b_z_d.jpg

9543930738_89d3a7eea5_z_d.jpg

9493138987_0272de8046_z_d.jpg

9566279079_683c8770c6_z_d.jpg

Last edited:
Your deduction is absolutely correct and the intention is to have a seamless background to bring out
the subject's image distinctively and most important their hair and makeup. I like clean lighting
as it helps accentuate the makeup. My work place does makeovers and it is important for us to showcase
our abilities as these are paid shoots. The acrylic is more of a decorative and it's not specific item.

As for the motion blur sometimes it does happen as was trying to nail the shots. Just some examples of images
showing the makeup :

9548917295_03069a0a3b_z_d.jpg

9543930738_89d3a7eea5_z_d.jpg

9493138987_0272de8046_z_d.jpg

9566279079_683c8770c6_z_d.jpg

i see. do you have enough lighting in the studio? because it would be easier if the background was lit. then you won't have much of a problem getting a clean white background and in turn it means lesser post processing work after that.

the acrylic board will not look so out of place as well.

i noticed a very warm white balance in the pics but that is more of a personal preference i guess.

It's a 3 light setup perhaps my monitor was not calibrated correctly as images appear to my satisfaction.Anyway appreciate your input :)