Photoshoot location reccomendation for cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benares

Nov 23, 2007
SG, Clementi
Hi all,
I'm new to shooting cars and at the same time I was considering of shooting my vehicle, so wanted to ask from the fellow forum-ers for opinions on some good site-recommendations within Singapore.

I have not really finalized what I wanted but my initial idea was to have a day and evening/night shot at probably 2 differing locations. What came to mind was, I probably have to do the shoot on a weekend - thus a day location would probably be quite the 'nature' (very little traffic) type - where I can achieve better subject isolation and picture composition without having to do much maneuvers. Of course, during the day, I probably won't have much trouble with lighting even if I were to pull in a model to go along.

Next half, after it turns dark (probably some between 6-8pm to catch the sunset? and some when there's absolutely nobody around say after 10/11pm?), I probably will have to consider about lighting especially if I were to have a model to pose along. Fill-in strobe lights (maximum 3-4) aren't too much of a trouble so long as I can achieve the overall-exposure proper. However, the ambient lighting and environment will be of major concern (especially if the scenery is all dark, unlike a bright cityscape).

I would appreciate any kind of inputs with regards to the day-shoot and evening/night-shoot locations/plan should anybody have any location/ideas to share.

My thanks for your time reading this post.
:cheers:-ben-

Anybody got any good locations to recommend? :embrass:

What's your vehicle? How about a collaboration? :)

Oh wow, sounds interesting. My vehicle is a Honda Fit (08 build, no body kit), nothing spectacular, just thought that I wanted to try shooting my own vehicle to explore new aspects in photography. If you are willing to show me the ropes, I am more than honored.

Thanks for your response. :)

Oh wow, sounds interesting. My vehicle is a Honda Fit (08 build, no body kit), nothing spectacular, just thought that I wanted to try shooting my own vehicle to explore new aspects in photography. If you are willing to show me the ropes, I am more than honored.

Thanks for your response. :)
Hmmm... I'm NOT a professional photographer like many others here who claimed that they are... But we can still try and learn from each other. :)

Hmmm... I'm NOT a professional photographer like many others here who claimed that they are... But we can still try and learn from each other. :)

i'm not a pro too .. can i join in ? newbie here =)

The area around Seletar Air Base is nice. A lot of mag shoot the cars over there. U better be fast becos ga men are re building the whole place to be an aerospace hub.

If u want to shoot with natural sun light, U can try Yishun Dam :thumbsup:

I ever took pic of my ride in a car park by Changi Point.

Thanks for the inputs thus far, I think I should take things one step at a time - as in getting the location/lighting/composition feel right before I actually take it another step forward (with live model) especially it is under a non-controlled environment (subject to rain etc).

I was actually considering old National stadium and around Kallang leisure park area plus near the Singapore Flyer.

Appreciate if anybody else got their experience/locations to share. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.