Photoshoot @ Ced's Studio -- Suyun

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagine

Mar 1, 2004
www.v1da.com
These are some of the shots taken from the studio shoot @ Ced's studio last Saturday...

Really learnt and experienced alot...

Thanks Ced for being so patient with us... and for teaching, sharing and guiding us :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking forward to joining you for your next studio shoot :)

Suyun0.jpg

Suyun4.jpg

Suyun50.jpg

Suyun6.jpg

Suyun3.jpg

Suyun7.jpg

Suyun8.jpg

W :bigeyes: W !! Who is the model??? She is exquisite (from a newbie's limited point of view). Call me along for the next shoot with THIS model. I like the pose and grace. Will join in if time permits ......t :bigeyes: M

Great stuff too. Feels a little different from bob's image. Nobody's similar. Your images are of nicer nature, and more touchy... It's subtle that our individual lifestyle do lead us to our sense of creativity at times. It's apparent your work touches the surface of your character.

It's good to see that your works and bob's may be are within the same studio, but different attitude all together. I've emphasise on it... Be yourself, and I think you've prove it by not following, and you knew what you want...

An even better session next time I'm sure..

tom_lim said:
W :bigeyes: W !! Who is the model??? She is exquisite (from a newbie's limited point of view). Call me along for the next shoot with THIS model. I like the pose and grace. Will join in if time permits ......t :bigeyes: M

She's only had the poise and grace because the photographer made her so...

Kian,

Easily 20 thumbs up!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You definately have got to let me work with u again.
Ur endless ideas on how to pose the model is simply fantastic.

Any tips on how to visualize what kind of pose might work for the frame?

- Bob

GOOD job. really. well i mean, good poses from hte model too. but love the lighting and contrast + composition..

Is she a dancer? I have always admired photographs of dancers, esp in motion. Like the tag heuer series. Love their grace.

last one's good.. although you may want to watch the cropping. Personally, I like #3 for the form.

The PS for #5 & #6 (forehead area) can be improved

Overall, good feel, different from Bobotto's. The styling and direction is great :thumbsup:

I like pic #1 because of the interplay of highlights and shadows. Although the same technique was employed, pic #4 does not appeal as the shadow area of her pose, specifically her mid-trunk, is too broad, relative to other parts of her frame. Appeal factor would be higher if she arches her back and shot her 'profile wise' to accentuate her curves.

A word on lighting for pics #1 to 4. Backlit with some spills on her extremities and face, intended or otherwise.

nice series :thumbsup:

Excellent series... :thumbsup:

your emphasis seems to be on the silhouette and shape. perhaps black n white photography might be a better choice of colour combination to use?

Thanks guys for the constructive comments as well as pointers... will definitely look through my photos again with the pointers u guys have given in mind... :)

Kirk: Yup, I do agree with you that black & white film may have been a better option for the shots that I have presented here thus far... but looking at the photos on hindsight... I think I would still have gone for colour film, cos of the options in post-processing that could have been done... Well, I guess I am just starting out to learn and to experiment, so I will definitely try out studio shoots using B&W film in the near future :)... thks much for pointing out to me :)

Bobotto: Hey Bob... thks for your comments :) I have much to learn from ya too... And yup, I definitely want to work on more studio shoots together with ya... :thumbsup: for ya

FiveIronFrenzy: Yup, she's a dancer.

Dude,
saw it on my office comp today. Must say the home monitor definitely didn't do justice to your pics. can see dress details in the office... Great stuff! :)

Just had a comment on the first pic. It seems like a yoga dancer pose. ("lord dancer" or something... gotta go look it up...) overall, i felt this pose was supposed to show lightness and balance, however her clothes made her base looked too big and heavy for that feel.

:)

Great stuffs... I particularly liked the first few shots. Does the model have ballet/dance background? It looked very natural for her so i presumed she's a dancer.

For the last 3 shots, it is more fashion looking which i think the other photographer does it better. Personally, i think to shoot fashion type of photos, it's either allow a lot of space or just to concentrate on small details. Just my 2 cents worth. I would be proud if i can take these photos!

Cheers

Different from the regular posts here , and very tasteful indeed. Well Captured my friend! I see that you got alot of tips from Ced !!

I know u shot it , but who posed and lighted it ?

Hey Jazer,

How are the chicks down under?
;)

On behalf of imagine, basic lighting was set up by Ced.
But of coz we were free to move it around.

The poses u see above are solely down by imagine.
U should see him at work man.
Non-stop arty farty poses!
:thumbsup:

Give us a heads up when u're back.
would love to have coffee and just talk kok some day
:D

- Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.