Photoshoot at Istana

wilston

Deregistered
May 11, 2011
Hi all,

Every year on May 1, the Prime Minister opens up the normally heavily guarded grounds of his residence/office, Istana. Let's drop in and pay him a visit, shall we?

The Istana is the official residence of the President of the Republic of Singapore. It occupies over 40 hectares of land along Orchard Road. It is a precious and important part of Singapore's history and heritage, and has borne witness to Singapore's many historical milestones.

The Istana ground is open to the public five times a year in celebration of Chinese New Year; Deepavali; Hari Raya Puasa; Labour Day; and National Day.

Admission to the Istana grounds is free for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents. Other visitors are required to pay an entrance fee of $1 per person. There will be a variety of performances on the grounds during the Open House. For an entrance fee of $2, visitors could tour selected function rooms in the Istana building and view a special display of gifts presented to the President and the Prime Minister.

Those who couldnt find us, can call me (Wilston) @ 96280886.. I'm sure you can easily spot a fun and noisy crowd :D

see you on Tuesday 10am :)

Max 6pax.. So hurry reserved your slots now!

Name list:
1) Wilston Ng

Name list:
1) Wilston Ng
2) Mihir

Name list:
1) Wilston Ng
2) Mihir
3) Micoll
4) Micoll's fren

Name list:
1) Wilston Ng
2) Mihir
3) Micoll
4) Micoll's fren
5) Barret Tan

Name list:
1) Wilston Ng
2) Micoll
3) Micoll's fren
4) Barret Tan

Last 2 slots ups for grabs!!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you know this but photography is not allowed for the $2 tour of the function rooms. Enjoy your trip there!

I'm not sure if you know this but photography is not allowed for the $2 tour of the function rooms. Enjoy your trip there!

I have been there many times.. No one was stopped from taking any pictures..

Istana should be open again this Sat right? For deepavali?

spinworkxroy said:
Istana should be open again this Sat right? For deepavali?

Not sure if they will open this sat to public.. By the way this sat is not deepavali..

Last edited:
Marshmallow Angel said:
Can newbie join? :)

Sure.. It's open to all..

Not sure if they will open this sat to public.. By the way this sat is not deepavali..

Yes i just realised it's Vesak instead of Deepavali and no, Vesak day not open to public..
I've never been to Istana but unfortunately tomorrow i'm not free :( Next Holiday i guess..

Yes i just realised it's Vesak instead of Deepavali and no, Vesak day not open to public..
I've never been to Istana but unfortunately tomorrow i'm not free :( Next Holiday i guess..

Alright... See ya then... Cheers