Photos without editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannychan

Jun 8, 2009
Hi all,

I am a newbie who doesn't really know how to do photo editing but I still feel that photos taken as it is, is still the nicest but of cos you would need to take many shots to get a good 1. Any guides for newbies from the seniors on things to note if we don't edit the photos.

I hardly edit my photos. It's a matter of whether you find the photos "good enough". You would need to get the exposure and framing correct when you snap.

Do note that the "0" setting for SLR cameras (ie no adjustment to contrast, sharpness etc...) usually mean that the pictures will be a bit more dull and soft.

level the horizon, underexpose slightly (-1/3 to -1/2), framing (avoid unwanted things sticking in)

if photoshop looks too daunting, you can also edit pics in adobe camera raw. It's all sliders, not too difficult to figure out.
- Clarity (sharpen)
- Vibrance (preferred to saturation)
- White Balance
- Contrast
- Recovery (bring back lost details in highlights)
- Fill (recover details lost in shadows)
- Level Horizon
- Crop

I believe as you get more exposed in photography you'll naturally expect more in your pictures. Just trust your instincts, if it's fine to you then don't care about anyone else, but of course do consider their pov. cheers.

Sometimes I'll go back to the same location many times to "perfect" my shot. I generally do not do any post treatment to my pictures.

Sometimes I'll go back to the same location many times to "perfect" my shot. I generally do not do any post treatment to my pictures.

don't worry,
with time n practices u might reach the stage of ansel adam,
where he 'post treatment' his pictures to perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.