Photos white washed..... help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickpower

Feb 1, 2004
Jurong West
hi, is there any software that can reduce the white wash on my photos? The flash was to powerful and the subject turn out to be veri white n overexposed... :)

how bad are they ? post an example ? Show us a sample so tt we can advise you accordingly ? :)

sorry mate, once overexposed there is nothing you can do anymore. Your sensor reads for the signal for blue, red and green. Lets assume that the signal strength can vary from 0 to 100. a burn out reads for all three channels (red blue and green) 100. so there is no way to bring back anything.
this is the reason why most people tend to underexpose digital pictures and push them later in photoshop.

AhV said:
how bad are they ? post an example ? Show us a sample so tt we can advise you accordingly ? :)

Hi, mike... sori can't post the photo cos the person dun wan his/her photo in the web. So next time i should under expose abit then push it in PS... thanx alot

I would suppose that you are using a DSLR. In this case, you should have used the LCD to check for correct exposure.

No, not by looking at the LCD screen only. But CHECK with the help of HISTOGRAM.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.