Photos Uploaded to Flickr goes soft....

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmzarcega

Jan 12, 2007
Woodlands
may i know the reason behind of the above-mentioned subject...

anybody can share the right way to upload photos to flickr without degrading its sharpness..

im only uploading 800x500 pix...

thanks in advance....

I dont have such problem. The sharpness remains similar.

or am i missing on uploading photos to web....??? do i need to convert its color profile or whatever..?

did you apply unsharp mask (USM) before saving your file for upload? it should help

did you apply unsharp mask (USM) before saving your file for upload? it should help

yes.. applied USM... think its really really on how they compress the photos... :dunno:

i think that the corrections you perform in lightroom will not be applied to the original files. So what i always do is to export what i want to upload to another folder if i am just using lightroom for adjustments...

So export the files with presets in lightroom might help? it does for me. :)

no no no your photo doesn't lose sharpness

it is because when you view it in your photostream it is in MEDIUM size

if you view your full size photos with such restrictions they look "compressed", but they shouldn't be looking softer, they should be looking oversharpened and too "hard"

but if you look at "all photos" tab, the full size will be shown and the proper look is out.

compare this:

2107812415_c70e9aa3e4_o.jpg

to this:

2107812415_3bbcb19d14.jpg

it is the same photo, just resized automatically by flickr. i think around the eyes the wrinkles suddenly explode in unison for the second
the second is what you see, width around 500 pixels.. so if you want best sharpness in your photostream save with 500 pixels lor.

Status
Not open for further replies.