Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion - Season 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Dear All,

If you just want to share photos taken by a Pentax camera, this is not the place for you. Please check out the guideline here:
IMPORTANT: Posting photos in the Pentax Forum

This is a place to share your photos for technical discussion only, and it has to be related to Pentax equipment. All unrelated photos and replies will be deleted or moved to appropriate photo galleries. Hope you understand.

When posting photos here, please indicate the camera and lens you used for the photos if possible.

You can also post links to photos you posted in different photo galleries :)

Thanks and happy shooting!

fengwei

Last edited:
Dear All,

If you just want to share photos taken by a Pentax camera, this is not the place for you. Please check out the guideline here:
IMPORTANT: Posting photos in the Pentax Forum

This is a place to share your photos for technical discussion only, and it has to be related to Pentax equipment. All unrelated photos and replies will be deleted or moved to appropriate photo galleries. Hope you understand.

When posting photos here, please indicate the camera and lens you used for the photos if possible.

Thanks and happy shooting!
fengwei

Hello Everyone,
One suggestion:
Besides the current themes already existed in CS gallery, why not have new photo galleries base on camera brand like Pentax gallery, Canon gallery, Nikon gallery etc?
Regards.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,
One suggestion:
Besides the current themes already existed in CS gallery, why not have new photo galleries base on camera brand like Pentax gallery, Canon gallery, Nikon gallery etc?
Regards.

agree.. kind of like apad but a "group effort". a lot of the pics i used to post in the sharing thread are damn random and creating a thread for each bunch is messy and quite hard for myself and others to keep track of. will probably end up clogging up CS even more.

Hello Everyone,
One suggestion:
Regards.

That's like posting photos under equipment discussion forum again ;)

Oh well, if you post photos under different photo galleries, you can post the links here so other Pentaxians can find your photos more easily :)

agree.. kind of like apad but a "group effort". a lot of the pics i used to post in the sharing thread are damn random and creating a thread for each bunch is messy and quite hard for myself and others to keep track of. will probably end up clogging up CS even more.

In that case, you HAVE to re-organize your photos so to suit each different gallery :) We Pentaxians have been posting photos under Pentax forum only for too long while all the other brand users have stopped doing so quite a while ago, better follow the rules I guess. Otherwise other brand users would question the forum rules, and I'd be dilemma again.

Anyway, I've changed the policy for this thread a bit. You can still post links to your gallery photos here under this thread. That will make us find them easily :)

Ok. Here is one up for discussion.
Considered the worst of the lot that Pentax ever produced.
Some sharpening and contrast adj.

Wide open.
IMGP5160.jpg

100% crop
IMGP5160-1.jpg

I'd say its already good, and much maligned.
Possibly with APS-C, the poorer quality edges is not captured?

Another 2 shots from this lens.
This time at f2.8

IMGP5179.jpg

100% crop
IMGP5179-1.jpg

hi images are good, can you tell what lens is this? I cannot read the Exif file... :(

pinholecam don't know what specifically you want us to comment on.
Why need to be so mysterious about what lens is used? Anyway how to rate about inherent sharpness/resolving ability of the lens and contrast when your have tweaked image contrast and added sharpening during post processing.
BTW can see sharpening halos...

To discuss what lens is used?:dunno: my guess is DFA 100mm macro.:bsmilie:

pinholecam don't know what specifically you want us to comment on.
Why need to be so mysterious about what lens is used? Anyway how to rate about inherent sharpness/resolving ability of the lens and contrast when your have tweaked image contrast and added sharpening during post processing.
BTW can see sharpening halos...

Seems like everyone 'stunned' with the removal of the pentax photos threads, so just trying to get the ball rolling here.
Of course I shall reveal the lens in time. ;)

BTW, how to identify artifacts?

Anyway...here..here... (no cheating 100% crop, no adjustment except default K100D Jpeg settings)
IMGP5160-2.jpg

IMGP5179-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm need to guess, ok I'll give a try... Takumar 135mm f/2.5 or f/2.8 (K-Mount), the one without the SMC lens coating.

Feng Wei, how about to make thread base of the lenses?

Like shot from FA50mm/F1.4, FA 31mm, FA 35mm threads etc? and with the image sample from CS member?

Make one thread "Pentax Lenses's Samples", sticky it and put the thread links under that threads.

It will help Pentax user to decide what lens to get.
And new users to decide to in with Pentax too.

I started a Pentaxian photo galleries thread somewhere..

Maybe can sticky it?

Since we can't have our own photo threads for people to see-see anymore, this should be a good resource for those looking for LOCAL Pentaxian's shots. (Yup, I know can search on pbase, flickr etc, but nothing really specifically for local Pentaxians. Or not as easy to find.)

Feng Wei, how about to make thread base of the lenses?

Like shot from FA50mm/F1.4, FA 31mm, FA 35mm threads etc? and with the image sample from CS member?

Make one thread "Pentax Lenses's Samples", sticky it and put the thread links under that threads.

It will help Pentax user to decide what lens to get.
And new users to decide to in with Pentax too.

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't do that. Otherwise we'd end up posting a lot photos here again. And if all the other brand users do the same, well, you know the results :)

Here is a photo I took in the morning, to test out my newly bought K50/1.2:

K7FW3498_sp.jpg

K-7 + K50/1.2 @ F1.2, 1/160s, ISO200 in JPG. Only a bit sharpening applied after resizing.

Original photo was taken in landscape orientation, cropped to portrait. I kinda like the OOF rendering of this lens. It'd probably become one of my most used lens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.