Photos show 'death' of Japanese photographer in Burma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my guess would be that he was shot but while on the ground he still took photos and then after that he placed the cam by his side and passed out and/or died.

And if you notice the first and 2nd frame, (based on the position of the people to the left moving etc), you can see that both shots were taken very very close to each other. The soldier probably wouldn't have enough time to shoot the photographer.

My guess would be he died of a prior bullet shot not shown in any of these frames.

My 2 c

Z

Photojournalists are the photogs most at risk of getting involved with the violence of their coverage subject...

Look at Magnum's co-founder, Robert Capa, died by anti-personnel mines while trying to cover for LIFE magazine in Indochina. His famous words? "If your photographs aren't good enough, you're not close enough"

I read from BBC website:

He was Kenji Nagai, a video journalist for Tokyo-based news agency APF News.

May all the deceased rest in peace..

I read from BBC website:

He was Kenji Nagai, a video journalist for Tokyo-based news agency APF News.

May all the deceased rest in peace..

It was also in the Straits Times front page today. Pity i didn't get to read the article fully since I was in a rush to go to work.

Z

some reports were saying he was hit by a stray bullet, not gunned down by the soldier.
There was another angmoh journalist who died too right?

The govt fears that if there is a change, the common pple will come after them for their crimes over the years. They are not gonna to listen to the call of restraint from countries worldwide. The fear of losing control exceeds any sanctions that can be imposed on the generals.

its like tiananmen square, perhaps a smaller scale, and somewhere closer to us..the situation looks only bleaker with each increasing death toll.

It appears he was deliberately shot and killed by a soldier according to this news report on video footage shown on Japanese TV

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world...-at-close-range/2007/09/28/1190486567559.html

"A helmeted soldier appeared to push to the ground a man identified as video-journalist Kenji Nagai, who was wearing knee-length shorts and sandals.

As the man lies sprawled on his back, clutching his video camera in his right hand, a loud bang is heard, with a soldier pointing a rifle right in front of him.

The soldier then races on, chasing after demonstrators.

Fuji Television said the footage showed that Nagai was killed intentionally, not by a stray bullet."

A very sad case indeed.

Hope this incident crisis would end asap.

It appears he was deliberately shot and killed by a soldier according to this news report on video footage shown on Japanese TV

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world...-at-close-range/2007/09/28/1190486567559.html

"A helmeted soldier appeared to push to the ground a man identified as video-journalist Kenji Nagai, who was wearing knee-length shorts and sandals.

As the man lies sprawled on his back, clutching his video camera in his right hand, a loud bang is heard, with a soldier pointing a rifle right in front of him.

The soldier then races on, chasing after demonstrators.

Fuji Television said the footage showed that Nagai was killed intentionally, not by a stray bullet."

that is really wrong already..basket!

Ehh..worse case scenario US can invade and take all those slippers. Can you see it..? A monopoly in 2nd hand slippers! They'd be unstoppable! :eek:

oh ya ! i got an idea.. if USA invades, i will buy shares of Nike and Timberland :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.