Photos needing comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

siewkiang

Jun 14, 2007
Clementi
www.siewkiang.blogspot.com
Would like some feedback on the composition and photography techniques.

RIMG06281.jpg

Panned him to show movement and I was lucky enough to have caught him waving.
I think it was one of my successful pans but I'm still working on the panning. :)

C&C welcomed!

(Note: I'm new here, so please do inform me of guidelines I did not follow because I may have forgotten some. Thanks!)

Good attempt, but you need to practise more.

A good pan would catch important details that are still sharp, it could be just the face, or it could be the entire person/vehicle/object depending on what you intended to achieve. In this shot, what I mentioned is definitely lacking.

By the way is this picture cropped and enlarged? There seems to be alot of noise which is contributing further to the feel of "not sharp"...

Composition-wise... I like the pose of the subject very much. Overall, i think less water in the foreground might work better. Landscape orientation too maybe?

Yup, it was cropped and editted. I had to zoom in a lot to capture him in action, perhaps that contributed to the noise. I'll take note and bear in mind of your comments when I go for a shoot at ECP next time! :)

Looking at the picture, i think the problem is that your panning action is not fast enough. I gathered this from the fact that the background, ie. trees etc, are not blurred enough. At the same time, the subject is blurred.

Ideally, you shd be panning side by side in swift motion. Shutter speed, usually is around 1/30 or 1/60 for cars, so i presume, 1/30 shd be just abt right for this shot. If your cam can squeeze in say 3fps, by all means do it. Keep your posture and swing quickly and hope for the best! :p

nemesis32: I'm using a prosumer so I don't think I can fit 3fps. And I'll keep practising on my panning! :)

lastboltnut: I found the photo and re-edited it. Is it better? :D

EDIT: I re-edited this photo again. Is it better or worse?

RIMG06282.jpg

Hi, the ratio you cropped to is neither 4:3 (Most compact ratio) nor 3:2 (Most SLR ratio) leh....is that your intention? And I will try not to place the man right in the middle of the pic....I will try to place him more to the left, giving him space on the right to "move" into and also for the line. Rule of third seems good here. :)

Dude , need a fast glass for this sport event leh...P&S still can use but not able to metered the fast action event, only by luck... some more you should be using in the zoom range... so your percentage to get a good shot is low.

even the person is not sharp, but i think it is a good panning shoot that convey the fast actions.

Dude , need a fast glass for this sport event leh...P&S still can use but not able to metered the fast action event, only by luck... some more you should be using in the zoom range... so your percentage to get a good shot is low.

I'm a girl. T-T So I count myself as a little lucky that the man is not completely blurred? :)

Hi, the ratio you cropped to is neither 4:3 (Most compact ratio) nor 3:2 (Most SLR ratio) leh....is that your intention? And I will try not to place the man right in the middle of the pic....I will try to place him more to the left, giving him space on the right to "move" into and also for the line. Rule of third seems good here. :)

Hmm okay. Will try abit more cropping again. Thanks for your advice. :)

On problem, just sharing what I like and know.:)

Hmm okay. Will try abit more cropping again. Thanks for your advice. :)

Wow! 14yr old! Well done.....I was just shooting crap when I was 14:bsmilie:

I'm a girl. T-T So I count myself as a little lucky that the man is not completely blurred? :)

There are much better photographers than me. :D I'm just lucky I have friends who are good at photography so I can leech their experience. :devil:

There are much better photographers than me. :D I'm just lucky I have friends who are good at photography so I can leech their experience. :devil:
There's always better photographer out there. But they may not take a better pic than u. Moreover, whatever u like they may dislike and miss the shot altogether:p Just keep on shooting and you will improve.

As for no 3fps.. it's not required but help to increase the chance of taking better panning pics. the most impt is to know what ur camera can do and work around it. Good photographers will learn how to work around its limitation.. Just like how the older generations can shoot timeless pics with just a manual camera and 50mm lens :p

There's always better photographer out there. But they may not take a better pic than u. Moreover, whatever u like they may dislike and miss the shot altogether:p Just keep on shooting and you will improve.

As for no 3fps.. it's not required but help to increase the chance of taking better panning pics. the most impt is to know what ur camera can do and work around it. Good photographers will learn how to work around its limitation.. Just like how the older generations can shoot timeless pics with just a manual camera and 50mm lens :p

Woohoo! The old cameras are :heart:ly. Yup I will keep shooting when I am free and like, look at everything. All I see are the ways to see if triangles are similar or congruent. :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.