Photos in Angkor - Need critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

nillujube

Feb 12, 2004
you been there only recently or some time ago? i was there like 3 years ago and i had a feeling they were gonna stop visitors from climbing to the higher 'towers' in ANgkor Wat itself

anyway. your pictures are really interesting. close to what i taken myself

Stefen

Apr 26, 2003
Beijing
www.stefenchow.com
hi, my 2 cents worth

Your framing is well composed, though some of your exposures can be tweaked a little.

most of your shots seem to be taken late morning, or in the afternoon. I believe that you didn't use any polarizor filters.

Would suggest trying to take the shots in the wee hours of the morning, or towards the night. Cos i feel that the sky is a bit too washed out and could be improved with different times of the day and filters.

Try to take some macro shots the next time you travel to such places. focusing on an ancient brick or some detail of a famous monument will also bring you a wider latitude of photography. :sweatsm:

sensx

Feb 2, 2003
Visit site
thanks for your comments..

stefan, u r rite.. no filters used at all.. i was using a c5050 at its bare minimum..

i'm still trying to gauge my exposure and improve on this aspect.. metering seems to be a challenge at times too..

the washed out perception is due to the very strong sunlight then.. it was very bright .. hot and dry season..

how does a polarizer help in this case?

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
the polariser will cut down on stray light/flare/reduce reflections.

usherer

Feb 20, 2004
members.lycos.co.uk
sensx said:
Hi everyone,

the photos in the link are from my trip to Siem Reap..
http://www.digitalstar.com/eemin/?Album=Siem+Reap+Trip

being a piece of virgin work, pls audit and share your views

I look forward to your commentary.

Thanks in advance!

Hey there, saw one pic of urs and it struck me how strange this world works..check out this pic of mine. Taken in Bali last yr
http://www.offstone.com/albums/showphoto.php?photo=2465&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom