Photos from Jiuzhaigou


Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Senior Member
#2
Like the first one. This is the Jian Zhu Hai right? I put this as part of my composition of the whole lake, but somehow dunno why I did not take a closer shot of it as you did here. ;p

And looks like your Wu Cai Chi is just about as dry as I was there. I suppose Huang Long is very dry also while you are there? :)

Regards
CK
 

Mudpool

New Member
Apr 30, 2002
117
0
0
Lakeside & Suzhou-China
#3
Slides? Colour looks great!!! I like the cow, but the ppl besides it are kinda distracting.

Oops, it's a yak;p
 

ckiang

Senior Member
#4
Originally posted by Mudpool
Slides? Colour looks great!!! I like the cow, but the ppl besides it are kinda distracting.

Oops, it's a yak;p
I think I know why. The people there asks for money when you want to take a pic of the yak (whether you are riding it or not). So most likely he shot from his waist using a wide angle.

Regards
CK
 

zapp!

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
695
0
16
40
zapp.clubsnap.org
#5
Well done CKiang, I call it my stealth mode...used it a lot in Tibet and China...

BTW, these pics are from a D30...
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#6
Nice... can share your setting for the 2nd one?
 

zapp!

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
695
0
16
40
zapp.clubsnap.org
#7
f22, 1s using ND4 filter.

Rule of thumb for waterfall shots is long exposures...usually 1/2 a half second or more is great...of course, the longer the better...
 

ckiang

Senior Member
#8
Originally posted by zapp!
f22, 1s using ND4 filter.

Rule of thumb for waterfall shots is long exposures...usually 1/2 a half second or more is great...of course, the longer the better...
Good thing you have ND filter. While I was there, the light was so good, that even with Velvia @ ISO 50, f/22 and polarizer, I can only get 1/2s - 1s. Can't get longer than that. :(

Can't quite identify the 2nd waterfall, which one is it? The Pearl Shoal one?

Regards
CK
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#10
zapp, How much did u paid for a ND filter? What's the size? I need a 82mm ND filter for my Sigma 20mm, seems exp:(

btw, which lens did u use to take the pix here?
 

zapp!

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
695
0
16
40
zapp.clubsnap.org
#11
Originally posted by tomshen
zapp, How much did u paid for a ND filter? What's the size? I need a 82mm ND filter for my Sigma 20mm, seems exp:(

btw, which lens did u use to take the pix here?
Use Cokin filters...they work BEAUTIFULLY with the D30/60s...cos of the 1.6x multiplier...no vignetting...

Like that save $$$ on CPL, ND, colored filters...you get the picture...
 

zapp!

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
695
0
16
40
zapp.clubsnap.org
#12
The EXIF info for the pics can be found in the photo properties in on the URL...just click on the upper right hand corner "properties" i think all the info is there...

THen again, maybe not...cos it only says the focal length.
Majority of the shots taken are using a Sigma 17-35EX f2.8-4.0 w CPL. Waterfall shots with the ND also.


Another one of my better waterfall pics...
 

Red Dawn

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,464
1
38
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
#13
Hi Zapp,

awesome shots. excellent composition.....

as a bonus, u've also showed, in this series of shots, just how incredibly awesome the D30 is, that it could be mistaken for slides ;)
 

zapp!

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
695
0
16
40
zapp.clubsnap.org
#14
Ha i wished the D30 could really beat slides in terms of color...
I just saw my friend's Tibet slides...brings tears to my eyes...SUPER rich colors.
 

#15
Originally posted by zapp!
Ha i wished the D30 could really beat slides in terms of color...
I just saw my friend's Tibet slides...brings tears to my eyes...SUPER rich colors.
Slides are still unbeatable in that aspect. :) Projected to 2m wide, it's really incredible. :)

Regards
CK
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#16
That's why i will bring two cameras in my future trips, one for digital one for slides;) But the problem is: double worries:rolleyes:
 

#17
Originally posted by tomshen
That's why i will bring two cameras in my future trips, one for digital one for slides;) But the problem is: double worries:rolleyes:
I brought one digital, one film and always have to decide which one to use. ;p In the end, I use the film camera loaded with slides to shoot landscapes, and the digital for street, snapshots, etc.

Regards
CK
 

Jeff

Senior Member
Apr 27, 2002
2,589
0
0
www.asianhomebiz.com
#18
I'll be going there in December and spending my first Christmas there. Is there anything that I should be looking out for? For eg: Traffic, petty crime, food or things to avoid, and weather?

Is it advisable to tag a tripod along?

Going on a 10D package tour with CTC.

Many thanks.

Jeff
:)
 

Jul 28, 2002
1,305
0
0
Singapore
#20
Originally posted by ckiang


Slides are still unbeatable in that aspect. :) Projected to 2m wide, it's really incredible. :)

Regards
CK
Yes I agree. Though digital resolution is catching up film camera, but in terms of colour and contrast, digital probably still has a fair bit to go... :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom