Photos from Jiuzhaigou

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Like the first one. This is the Jian Zhu Hai right? I put this as part of my composition of the whole lake, but somehow dunno why I did not take a closer shot of it as you did here. ;p

And looks like your Wu Cai Chi is just about as dry as I was there. I suppose Huang Long is very dry also while you are there? :)

Regards
CK

Mudpool

Apr 30, 2002
Lakeside & Suzhou-China
Slides? Colour looks great!!! I like the cow, but the ppl besides it are kinda distracting.

Oops, it's a yak;p

ckiang

Originally posted by Mudpool
Slides? Colour looks great!!! I like the cow, but the ppl besides it are kinda distracting.

Oops, it's a yak;p
I think I know why. The people there asks for money when you want to take a pic of the yak (whether you are riding it or not). So most likely he shot from his waist using a wide angle.

Regards
CK

zapp!

Jan 17, 2002
zapp.clubsnap.org
Well done CKiang, I call it my stealth mode...used it a lot in Tibet and China...

BTW, these pics are from a D30...

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Nice... can share your setting for the 2nd one?

zapp!

Jan 17, 2002
zapp.clubsnap.org
f22, 1s using ND4 filter.

Rule of thumb for waterfall shots is long exposures...usually 1/2 a half second or more is great...of course, the longer the better...

ckiang

Originally posted by zapp!
f22, 1s using ND4 filter.

Rule of thumb for waterfall shots is long exposures...usually 1/2 a half second or more is great...of course, the longer the better...
Good thing you have ND filter. While I was there, the light was so good, that even with Velvia @ ISO 50, f/22 and polarizer, I can only get 1/2s - 1s. Can't get longer than that. :(

Can't quite identify the 2nd waterfall, which one is it? The Pearl Shoal one?

Regards
CK

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
zapp, How much did u paid for a ND filter? What's the size? I need a 82mm ND filter for my Sigma 20mm, seems exp:(

btw, which lens did u use to take the pix here?

zapp!

Jan 17, 2002
zapp.clubsnap.org
Originally posted by tomshen
zapp, How much did u paid for a ND filter? What's the size? I need a 82mm ND filter for my Sigma 20mm, seems exp:(

btw, which lens did u use to take the pix here?
Use Cokin filters...they work BEAUTIFULLY with the D30/60s...cos of the 1.6x multiplier...no vignetting...

Like that save $$$ on CPL, ND, colored filters...you get the picture...

zapp!

Jan 17, 2002
zapp.clubsnap.org
The EXIF info for the pics can be found in the photo properties in on the URL...just click on the upper right hand corner "properties" i think all the info is there...

THen again, maybe not...cos it only says the focal length.
Majority of the shots taken are using a Sigma 17-35EX f2.8-4.0 w CPL. Waterfall shots with the ND also.

Another one of my better waterfall pics...

Red Dawn

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi Zapp,

awesome shots. excellent composition.....

as a bonus, u've also showed, in this series of shots, just how incredibly awesome the D30 is, that it could be mistaken for slides ;)

zapp!

Jan 17, 2002
zapp.clubsnap.org
Ha i wished the D30 could really beat slides in terms of color...
I just saw my friend's Tibet slides...brings tears to my eyes...SUPER rich colors.

Originally posted by zapp!
Ha i wished the D30 could really beat slides in terms of color...
I just saw my friend's Tibet slides...brings tears to my eyes...SUPER rich colors.
Slides are still unbeatable in that aspect. :) Projected to 2m wide, it's really incredible. :)

Regards
CK

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
That's why i will bring two cameras in my future trips, one for digital one for slides;) But the problem is: double worries:rolleyes:

Originally posted by tomshen
That's why i will bring two cameras in my future trips, one for digital one for slides;) But the problem is: double worries:rolleyes:
I brought one digital, one film and always have to decide which one to use. ;p In the end, I use the film camera loaded with slides to shoot landscapes, and the digital for street, snapshots, etc.

Regards
CK

Jeff

Apr 27, 2002
www.asianhomebiz.com
I'll be going there in December and spending my first Christmas there. Is there anything that I should be looking out for? For eg: Traffic, petty crime, food or things to avoid, and weather?

Is it advisable to tag a tripod along?

Going on a 10D package tour with CTC.

Many thanks.

Jeff
:)

Jul 28, 2002
Singapore
Originally posted by ckiang

Slides are still unbeatable in that aspect. :) Projected to 2m wide, it's really incredible. :)

Regards
CK
Yes I agree. Though digital resolution is catching up film camera, but in terms of colour and contrast, digital probably still has a fair bit to go... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom