photos are not clear

kimster17

Feb 7, 2012
Hi

i just brought canon 600d recently. I noticed that the photos from the computer look different from the one from the camera screen

anyone know what is wrong with that?? Help needed

You mean the photos appear blur on the computer screen? Try mounting your camera on a tripod, switch of IS and take a photo using a remote or the timer function. Maybe you have been using too lower a shutter speed to take the photo which results in blurring. Camera screen is definitely not as accurate as computer screen so after taking a photo on your camera you may have to zoom in to check if it's blur or not.

Hi

i just brought canon 600d recently. I noticed that the photos from the computer look different from the one from the camera screen

The LCD on your camera is small and many of the defects cannot be seen. The most accurate is for you to upload into a computer (with a calibrated monitor) and see the result.

Anyway, if you would upload your photo here... then we can advise you better on what went wrong.

While the camera LCD is useful, it's images are nowhere near as vibrant as a proper screen. There might have been traces Of camera shake, out of focus, moving subject that you just can't identify very well on the LCD. Post a picture for us to better pinpoint what went wrong =D

post a photo la. if not everyone will guess.

There is nothing wrong with a picture not looking exactly the same on a computer screen as on a camera LCD.

But it will help alot if you provided more details like exactly how different it is.

Better still, post a photo and describe the differences to us.

In most cases..picture on Camera's LCD will always appear nicer.. thats very normal.

kimster17 said:
Hi

Of course la.

You cannot trust Camera LCD screen, coz manufacturer will always make the photos to look nice in LCD screen. You got to look by computer calibrated screen.

That goes the same whenever u buy a new camera. Don't buy the camera bases on what u see in the camera LCD screen.

donut88 said:
Of course la.

You cannot trust Camera LCD screen, coz manufacturer will always make the photos to look nice in LCD screen. You got to look by computer calibrated screen.

That goes the same whenever u buy a new camera. Don't buy the camera bases on what u see in the camera LCD screen.

I'm not sure they're deliberately trying to make their pictures look good as much as they cannot place a too high quality LCD with that siZe and weight and price and still expect people to pay for it

Valkarian said:
I'm not sure they're deliberately trying to make their pictures look good as much as they cannot place a too high quality LCD with that siZe and weight and price and still expect people to pay for it

I didn't mean they deliberately do it, but I think they do, coz the specs always boast the resolution of the LCD screen.

Anyway my point is that sometimes I see people buying cameras at any shop, the salesman take the camera and snap some pictures and show the LCD screen to the customer, and say nice things about how nice the pictures look, v sharp, colour v real, blah blah.

My point is customers must know what they see on the LCD is not what they will get on a real calibrated screen.

Want to buy a camera? Bring a laptop with calibrated screen to the shop, download the sample pics after taking the shots and see through the laptop.

and then people forget how to get sharp and clear and well-exposed images in the film era.

back then, no one had an LCD screen to preview how the image would turn out, and sometimes hours had to be spent to get a good shot of one subject.

these days, it's just click and "hey i think it's ok time to go home"

Your expectation is wrong. What matters finally is the picture on computer screen. The LCD of the cameras is meant for settings, review of results (hint: histogram and other data) and Liveview (if available). The LCD is not meant to make final calls about the processing results (in-camera processing) like colours.
Do calibrate your computer screen, check the Digital Darkroom for details.

A couple of things -

1. LCD screen on camera is small small size, what you see without zooming always looks better especially if it is a little of focus. On the much much large LCD screen of a computer (which should be calibrated) any defect will be clear seen. Defect meaning on exposure - over or under, white balance setting - colors look weird if this is out, focus - if is not focused it will look blurry, bad depth of field - if use too large an aperture i.e. 2.8, 1.8 for a group shot of many layers of people the picture will look bad cos cannot see clear many of the faces.
2. Most camera LCD screens tend to be too bright vs a calibrate LCD monitor - which view on monitor would look too dark.
3. you have not learnt how to approximate from what you see in the camera LCD to what you should expect in the computer monitor. Try using a cannon 1Ds mark2 's LCD screen, then you will puke blood as it so unsharp that you need to learn how to guess what will be blur and what will be sharp; colors look a little better on camera then in monitor - and the 1Ds mark2 was once upon a time Cannon flagship camera.
4. maybe but very unlikely there is a fault in your camera LCD - try seeing same file in a friend's 600d body if same same then camera no problem. If not same same then problem solved only need to go bang table at either shop you buy at or Cannon repair center.

Hi

I believe that most likely is camera shake or shutter speed too low as I personally am using canon 600D and my photo qualities are as good as the camera screen(after zooming in and check) :D Doubt will be camera fault. :D