PhotoQuest Contest by Asian Geo is a Total Scam!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weekh

Sep 6, 2004
Last edited:
Is it just me or that i find the consolation photos look nicer? :think:

As long as the photo fits the theme "ASIA", it counts, i suppose? :dunno:

Last edited:
Kelong common everywhere lah. I once experience this kind of "male bovine poopoo". An oversea woman club ask for donation prizes for a lucky draw open to public for one of their yearly fair. A big ticket item donated was a pair of tickets to Singapore by the airlines they approached. Instead of putting the tickets as the main prize, they put a lower value prize for the public. The pair of ticket was than used for their own D&D lucky draw, so that they can win among themselves. Mind you, these woman are not poor. They are just kelong queen, cheapskate and have a hole in place where the heart is suppose to be. Collection from the fair lucky draw was suppose to be donated for orphans. These so call high society "ladies" are short changing orphans... Hows that for kelong.

That is an undeserved winning photo...

Why is this thread moved to Kopitiam? Isn't this a discussion of an event?

Last edited:
Is it just me or that i find the consolation photos look nicer? :think:

the photo of the eye was pretty cool and creative :)

Why is this thread moved to Kopitiam? Isn't this a discussion of an event?

this kind of thread will only invite banal talk and too much OT. hence, i guess the decision of the mods :bsmilie:

At 12 mid-night "One Asia Festival" released the following statement in their FB thread:

"Your concerns have all been heard, and we understand your frustrations. The winner was determined purely by the highest scores from the judges. As the organizer of the competition, we have decided to overturn the decision to allow pictures outside of Singapore and announce a new winner based on the original guidelines of the competition. Please allow us the time to address this properly. Thank you."

Yup! They promised to answer ALL questions, then they better make sure all the issues we voiced out are answered!
Regional Magazine? show us your integrity!

Also WE WANT REFUND! that is also one of the issues listed in this thread & u promised to address all issues listed on their FB wall!!!

Show us your integrity!

Here is a Joke:

i took part in a photo competition LAST YEAR...No Winner...drag till THIS YEAR...
Organizer selected a Winner which clear broke the Rules & Regulation...everyone make noise...
Organizer promised to make changes...

So we will have a winner next year???

hmm you have to read their Terms and Conditions. if there is a clause in the T&Cs stating that the organizers have the sole right to amend the theme, judging criteria and other rules and regulations without the consent/informing of the participants...

there is nothing you can do

Some years ago I took part in photo contest here and there, had some small wins but stopped in 2007 after I took part in a so called 'prominent' contest organized by a particular camera brand - (which is one of the reason why I am not using that brand), and a prominent local high end luxury retailer. My photo placed one of the top ten, but its just a placing with no prize. When they displayed it on the wall during exhibition, they even messed up the orientation, (is it that hard to discern my photo is horizontal instead of vertical?)

The top 3, are won by the kaki-clients of that luxury retailer, good photos, but the coincidence makes people sneer. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Couple of years later I had chance to interact with one of the invited judges of that camera brand, and our conversation took a 180 degree turn and ended abruptly upon reaching that topic.

Yeah, he say he need to leave already and left. Can't blame him.

U r right that they can amend but they didn't announce the changes.hence void this clause.

Only when ppl voiced out that the "winner" broke the original rules.
they did try to say they can amend but they lost the trust from the photography community

Their reputation is at stake here. They better show some integrity!

hmm you have to read their Terms and Conditions. if there is a clause in the T&Cs stating that the organizers have the sole right to amend the theme, judging criteria and other rules and regulations without the consent/informing of the participants...

there is nothing you can do

weiteck said:
U r right that they can amend but they didn't announce the changes.hence void this clause.

Only when ppl voiced out that the "winner" broke the original rules.
they did try to say they can amend but they lost the trust from the photography community

Their reputation is at stake here. They better show some integrity!

Hence i also mentioned "without informing the participants." i have not seen the T&Cs so i wouldn't know.

So it might actually be, that the organizers are right

but its a matter of integrity no? they collected 10 bucks for submission, and extended the period too. its bullshit really. anyways, learned enough to avoid any competition with a pss from sg in it. I have enough bad experiencs with sg psses

Status
Not open for further replies.