PhotoQuest Contest by Asian Geo is a Total Scam!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how come it wasn't one of the consolation winners who got bumped up but a completely new photo, and so how did the judges come to a vote so fast.

Kei1309 had pointed their Terms and Conditions. if there is a clause in the T&Cs stating that the organizers have the sole right to amend the theme, judging criteria and other rules and regulations without the consent/informing of the participants...

You may have all the questions, they have all the right not to tell u why.

Honestly, I completely lost interest in this contest the moment they extended it.

I think this winning shot was inspired by the "eye-shot" in one of the consolation. Oh well, I bet there will be less participants next contest.

Nutcase. These kind of photos can also be winners :bsmilie: What so Asian about them??? :rolleyes: To me, all these are but cheap tricks for some publicity for the organisers only....

Last edited:
First price: $10,000 + gifts
Consolation prices : bag and sd card :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

don't join lor :)
problem solved!

The prize of the previous "winner" before we make noise is only the $10,000.
now the new grand prize winner is give the money & gifts.

well, at least the current winner didn't break the rule of taking outside SG
but it did went against the original "live" judging statement that ASIA is more than just "Temple"
they kept highlighting on the importance of presenting "ASIA as a whole"

The fault is on the Organizer. for the very 1st round of submission, they filtered all the entrances to just 25 finalists for the celebrity judges to select.
So the organizer think they have better judgement than the judges?
hidden gems might be filtered by the Asia Geo.

The prize of the previous "winner" before we make noise is only the $10,000.
now the new grand prize winner is give the money & gifts.

well, at least the current winner didn't break the rule of taking outside SG
but it did went against the original "live" judging statement that ASIA is more than just "Temple"
they kept highlighting on the importance of presenting "ASIA as a whole"

The fault is on the Organizer. for the very 1st round of submission, they filtered all the entrances to just 25 finalists for the celebrity judges to select.
So the organizer think they have better judgement than the judges?
hidden gems might be filtered by the Asia Geo.
not just asia geo bro. look at the pss involved.

i have very very bad experience with the psses in SG. might differ from people to people though.

Any body here knows the winner Cyndy Ong ???????

How could the panel of judges have picked the Nepal photo over Cyndy's pic ?????

Anybody smells fish?

Hard to tell if Cyndy's pic was taken in SG also. Nepal photo was picked over Cyndy's pic becos it fit Asian Geo better. No human elements in Cyndy's pic. just a guess :)

i don't think that's singapore anyway.

ya can't tell, that's the point :) can't tell = maybe sg, maybe not.

sua sua lah. just take it as a lesson learned. avoid these competitions next time.

smell of a vineyard here.....

We pay $10 to let the organizer torture us... sigh...Totally lost interest in their future competition.
Judges are really good in making roti prata.. flip here flip there... :bsmilie:
Ask us to shoot in SG, choose a Nepal pic. Encourage us not to shoot religion/cultural, choose a religion-specific content pic as a winner...

Participants are not the only victim...
It also doesn't bring any benefit to the judges too... For example, One of the judges is so famous. Many of us like to read his book. Some attend his workshop some more. But this kind of things happen... If this is out of his control, who want to be the judge again?

We pay $10 to let the organizer torture us... sigh...Totally lost interest in their future competition.
Judges are really good in making roti prata.. flip here flip there... :bsmilie:
Ask us to shoot in SG, choose a Nepal pic. Encourage us not to shoot religion/cultural, choose a religion-specific content pic as a winner...

Participants are not the only victim...
It also doesn't bring any benefit to the judges too... For example, One of the judges is so famous. Many of us like to read his book. Some attend his workshop some more. But this kind of things happen... If this is out of his control, who want to be the judge again?

probably Michael isn't the only judge. im betting its the other judges who end up majority. Michael knows too much to fall for this rubbish. and where got so fast/easy contact him to redecide?

some basic guidelines to running a photography competition, which I learned from the mods who did before

terms and conditions best is don't change. deadline don't extend. don't comment what you are looking out, judges decision is final. transparency is important. don't announce winner before official announcement.

probably Michael isn't the only judge. im betting its the other judges who end up majority. Michael knows too much to fall for this rubbish. and where got so fast/easy contact him to redecide?

some basic guidelines to running a photography competition, which I learned from the mods who did before

terms and conditions best is don't change. deadline don't extend. don't comment what you are looking out, judges decision is final. transparency is important. don't announce winner before official announcement.

Great minds think alike, bro ... :gbounce:

anyone have the list of judges and who they represent?

Status
Not open for further replies.