Photomarathon needs

allblackssg

Oct 23, 2008
Hi guys..need your opinions...photomarathon is coming, i got a headache on which accessories to add..its either a 50mm/f1.8, 55-250mm or a nissin flash..if u guys were me, which 1 would u get? Im using canon 50D with tamron 17-50mm..thanks alot guys..

Hi guys..need your opinions...photomarathon is coming, i got a headache on which accessories to add..its either a 50mm/f1.8, 55-250mm or a nissin flash..if u guys were me, which 1 would u get? Im using canon 50D with tamron 17-50mm..thanks alot guys..

If only to choose one .. i will get the flash... :)

Im in a dillema..hahahaaha

Comex is coming..any idea how much does these accessories cost duting the exhibition?

why do you even need to add equipment for photomarathon???

Sorry if I'm wrong....

The impression/feeling that you give me is
- you don't know (or can't identify) what you want and you think new accessories/lens will probably help you find out?
- you are going for new "toys" because you think it's the "toys" that makes the pictures look good...

From the 1st post, you said dilemma between either a 50 f/1.8 or 55-250 or a flash...all these have different usage. It will also heavily depend on what is the theme and what do you want to achieve?

Probably you will want to share more about the limitations of your current gear and what do you want to achieve before more gears and poison starts to appear here.

Purpose is not only for use during this marathon..im in a process of collecting images for my own portfolio..after awhile now, i realised that the 55-250 would be the best choice for the marathon to support my 17-50 in case i need the distance..dont u guys think so?

I second SkyStrike's advice. After attending the marathon a few times it's as good as reading tea leaves to predict which gear might be useful. They will give 3 topics and it's up to your imagination how you respond to the task. The question of gear is the 2nd last one in a long row of other questions you should ask yourself.
Predictably the weather will be hot, so what you need is: water, some stamina, maybe a hat / cap, a relaxed mind and as little gear as possible. You could have a look at last year's results and see whether these pictures look like having 3 lenses and a flash in the backpack :)

Bro wat i can advise is, dont worry too much wat u dont have. Photomarathon is to test ur creativity and how u interpret the theme given.

What u have is good enuff. The main thing is to think of something unique wen shooting for each theme. U dont need a new flash or a new lens to be able to have a good time during the marathon. Enjoy it. Dont bother too much abt buying new stuff. Niwae wat makes u tink having a new lens or flash will make ur foto better. The trick about having a gd set of photos is to be able to use watever equipment u have creatively.

Thanks alot guys..i appreciate it so much..i think i just stick to whatever i have now..